Fantastic group program –Spanish classes, volunteer project, volcanoes, rain forest, ziplining and beaches. June 24 – July 11. Live with a Costa Rican family and enjoy the culture & family life. Your Spanish will improve enormously!
- Alajuela, Costa Rica
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Program Description:
- Study at a prestigious language school for a two-week Spanish language course
- Stay with local host families
- Take part in a variety of excursions: waterfall visits, zip-lining, cultural events & a local school visit
- Help hands-on in a community service project
- Interact with local students during Language Partner sessions
- Immerse yourself in the language, culture, and daily life of Costa Rica
- Enjoy free time to explore Costa Rican wonders
COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECT
A key feature of our program is the Community Service component. This allows you to see some of the challenges faced by the local population, and to make a difference.
Our humanitarian Community Service project is usually carried out in one of the San José squatter communities with The Costa Rican Humanitarian Foundation. The specific activities you will help with will depend on the foundation’s needs at the time of your visit. This could include assisting in day camps with the children in the community, painting murals, helping in the day-care, soccer games, and performing puppet shows. You will also tour the community. Our Program Coordinator commented,
“Many of the houses and living conditions are very basic – some of the houses have just tin roofing, so the experience tends to be a real eye-opener for the kids.”
- Setting Description:
- GRECIA The market town of Grecia is an ideal place for studying Spanish in Costa Rica. One of many communities nestled around the fertile slopes of the Poás volcano, Grecia principally produces coffee and sugarcane, and its markets make for a fabulous immersion experience. At almost 4000 feet above sea level, Grecia enjoys a year-round temperate climate.
- 3895 USD. Does not include airfare. Includes all meals, accommodation, activities and excursions.
Additional Program Information
- You must be between the ages of 14 and 18. No language prerequisite – all levels of classes available
- Scholarships Description:
- We are offering two scholarships of $500 each to be applied towards the 2017 summer immersion programs.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program