- Trento, Italy; Riva Del Garda, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Dolomit is your provider of study abroad programs in Trentino, the butterfly-shaped province of Northeast Italy. In this Alpine region, thanks to a unique cultural heritage and outstanding natural resources, we offer distinctive learning experiences to international students. Our dynamic summer program enjoys partnerships with a selected network of academic, scientific and cultural institutions, such as the college of art and design "LABA Trentino," the history research institute "Fondazione Museo Storico del Trentino," and the "Adamello Brenta Nature Park."
The Dolomit Summer School is based on Lake Garda, the largest lake of Italy, and offers college-level courses in fine arts, history, environmental studies, and Italian. Our teachers adopt an active learning approach, and class plans include visits, laboratories and educational excursions. The summer term is organized into five 3-week sessions, and students also have the opportunity to enroll in an optional “Discovery Week” just before the beginning of each session.
- Innovative courses designed as small-group integrated learning experiences that balance lectures, seminars, outdoor didactics, and guided visits to relevant sites.
- A unique corner of Italy – Trentino and Lake Garda – nestled in the heart of Europe and strategically located to reach other Italian major destinations, such as Verona, Venice, Milan, Florence, and Rome.
- Students' discounts and grants, including the opportunity to contribute with creative posts to Dolomit students’ blog.
- Setting Description:
- The Dolomit Summer School is hosted by the region of Garda Trentino, in Northeast Italy. In this rocky alpine environment, where the influence of the lake creates a Mediterranean pocket, the work of women and men has been shaping the landscape for millennia. Cultural diversity historically characterizes this borderland territory, and inhabitants as well as visitors enjoy a variety of natural and cultural resources.
- - The Instruction and Services fee is € 2,900 per session, and includes tuition for all educational activities, application fee, course material, welcome and goodbye dinners, accident insurance, public transportation pass, and much more. The “Discovery Week” fee is € 400, and covers fifteen hours of survival Italian and four outings. Housing rates vary from € 210 to 270 per week, according to session, group size, and specific location, and are confirmed at the time of acceptance.
Based on 2 Reviews
- Awesome Experience!09/19/15
The great thing about Dolomit was that you can tell the people behind the program really put a lot of passion into what they're doing. This was my first time studying abroad, and I have to say, it was better than what I expected. The balance between
class time and time spent exploring the area was very well balanced. We were able to really see a lot of Italian culture by visiting Rome, Florence, and Venice, we hiked the Dolomite mountains, visited a private vineyard for some wine & food tastings, learned a lot about the history of the region, and a lot more. If you're looking a study abroad program that's down to earth, beautiful, reasonably priced, and run by good people, this is it.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Dolomit-LABA Summer School09/09/15
The study abroad program hosted in Trentino is truly a unique and authentic Italian experience. My first impressions of the coordinators of this program, Juri and Manola, is that they were very enthusiastic about ensuring that my time in Italy was well-spent.
As I got to know them during my stay in Trentino, those first impressions grew into the realization that I was lucky enough to be involved in a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. My friends and I were able to plan a few side trips to Rome, Florence and Venice that worked with the schedule and events already set up for the study abroad program. Our living arrangements on Lake Garda were fantastic and the owners of the hotel were amazingly hospitable. From exploring castles to hiking in the Alps (my personal favorite excursion), this trip was beyond belief. If you find yourself comparing this program to another, trust me when I say that the opportunities you will have available to you in Trentino will not disappoint. Countless outdoor activities, amazing food and wonderful art are just a few of the reasons you should chose this program. I could go on and on about why I would recommend Dolomit to someone but the best advice I could possibly give is this: contact Juri and Manola and find out why this program is the one for you.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend