- Tetouan, Morocco
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Year Round
- Program Description:
Dar Loughat Granada is a distinctive language school specializing in Arabic and Andalusian civilisation in Granada,Spain. We offer an excellent and unique program!
* Practice Arabic with locals on a daily basis.
* Live with Arab families and practice the language in the home.
* Benefit from live classes in the Suk (Andalusian market).
* Enjoy the friendly atmosphere of Granada while discovering Arab culture within its Andalusian context.
* An incomparable experience of further travel to an Arab country.
After more than 10 years educating students from major universities such as Oxford & Cambridge, Berkeley, CA, Paris, Milan or Complutense, we have developed our own method with excellent results.
Our teaching method, in particular, emphasizes linguistic immersion and live classes in addition to special activities related to the rich Andalusian culture. Following this, our students have the opportunity of experiencing an Arab country first hand. Discover the Medina, museums, local markets, evergreen mountains and the famous beaches of beautiful Tetouan, Morocco.
Dar Loughat Granada is the only school in Granada whose students can experience everyday situations in the emblamatic Albaycin: speaking with locals; buying in the Suk, shopping for food, taking tea or learning to cook. This is the Andalusian neighborhood where people speak, breathe, live Arabic and where they welcome our students to stay with families and practice the language in all its complexity.
Check our students' testimonies on our website, on Youtube or other social networks and learn about their own experiences firsthand.
Our goal is to teach this language in a natural way, based on direct communication, and immersion in the ancient culture of Al-Andalus.
Learn Arabic in Andalucia (Granada) and put it into practice in Morocco (Tetouan), only 14 kilometers from Spain across the Straits of Gibraltar. Our students benefit fully from our program “Granada - Tetouan".
- Setting Description:
- Andalusia in general, and Granada, one of the world´s iconic cities, form an integral part of the Arab world. Dar Loughat Granada is located in the heart of the city, adjacent to the Albayzin, the city´s predominently Arabic speaking neighborhood, with its secret spaces and narrow streets., only a short walk away from the Alhambra. At the same time, during the weekends, our students enjoy bathing in the nearby Mediterranean beaches, walking in the many naotional parks sourrounding the city and the ski slopes of the Sierra Nevada.
- 160 euros/ week 20 hoours EUR. 20 euros
Additional Program Information
- Our education system adheres to the criteria held by major universities in teaching, testing, and grading. Upon arrival, your students will sit a 60-75 minutes evaluation test (both written and oral). Our program caters to all Arabic language levels; from absolute beginner to fluent, to proficient and even to thematic Arabic.
Based on 3 Reviews
- Dar Loughat Granada11/10/17Dar Loughat in Granada is a very good school about teaching of Arabic language for not arabian students. I recommend it to all those who want to study Arabic in a good climate and with very good teachers.Bottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Summer 201711/10/17
Dar Loughat (Granada) is a wonderful and enriching program. My instructors including, the director Nizar Liemlahi, are extremely knowledgeable and have offered a welcoming environment for my learning of Arabic. Not only was I able to learn the language
but also learn about the culture and customs of my instructors who are from the beautiful country of Morocco, which I visited towards the end of my intensive courses. It is without reservation that I recommend Dar Loughat to anyone who has a serious interest in learning Arabic.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Personalized classes with expert teachers11/10/17
I very much enjoyed my time at Dar Loughat. The classes were personalized to meet my needs and interests. The teachers were very professional and encouraging. Learning Arabic can be quite challenging, but the teachers at Dar Loughat presented the material
in a way that was easy to understand. I hope to be back at Dar Loughat soon!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend