- Granada, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Rolling Starts, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Program Description:
Dar Loughat-Granada, located in Granada's historic Arab neighborhood: Albaycin, is an excellent alternative for students wishing to study Arabic, but for one reason or another, prefer not to travel to the Arab world. We guarantee you can fist master the language in Granada, Spain then travel to our sister school in Tetouan, Morocco to put you knowledge into practice. Dar Loughat Granada offers students the chance to:
* Practice Arabic in Granada, with locals on a daily basis.
* Live with Arab families and absorb the language in the home.
* Benefit from live classes in the Suk (Andalusian market).
* Enjoy the friendly atmosphere of Granada while discovering Arab culture within its Andalusian context.
We are a unique language school enhancing learning and intercultural relations in Granada, Spain. Our students experience everyday situations in the emblematic anclent Albaycin; conversing with locals in Arabic; shopping in the Suk, buyng food, enjoying the tea-rooms or learning how to cook healthy Andalusian cuisine. In this neighborhood, people speak, breathe, live Arabic and where they welcome our students to stay with families and practice the language in all its complexity.
After more than 10 years educating students from major universities such as Oxford & Cambridge, Berkeley, CA, Paris, Milan or Complutense, we have developed our own method with excellent results.
Check past student testimonies on our website, on Youtube or other social networks and learn about their own experiences firsthand.
Our goal is to teach the Arabic language in a natural way, based on direct communication, and immersion in the ancient culture of Al-Andalus.
Come, live a unique experience, our teachers and collaborators are here to help.
- Setting Description:
- Andalusia in general, and Granada in particular, form an integral part of the Arab world. We offer a unique opportunity of language learning together with giving our students a better understanding of the great civilization that flourished for centuries in Europe, called Al-Andalus. Dar Loughat Granada is ideally located in the ancient Albayzin, the historic and predominently Arabic speaking neighborhood, wtih its hidden squares, and narrow streets, and a short walk away from one of the world´s most iconic places, the Alhambra Palaces and gardens. Time off can be spent visiting Andalucia´s other famous cities and beautiful villages. It is a short drive to swim in the blue Mediterranean sea, walk in one of many National Parks around Granada or ski on the slopes of the Sierra Nevada.
- 160 per week / 20 hours EUR. It is important for us to know the level and tuition aims of each student. After evaluation, they are assigned to individual or small classes. Study materials are included in tuition costs.
Additional Program Information
- Our education system adheres to the criteria held by major universities in teaching, testing, and grading. Upon arrival, your students will sit an evaluation test (both written and oral). Our programs cater to all Arabic language levels; from absolute beginner to fluent, to proficient and even to thematic Arabic
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program