Shadow our physiotherapeutic mentoring team at the Specialized Center of Neurology & at the Physiotherapy Unit. We treat patients suffering from various diseases and conditions and we offer rehabilitation programs tailored to the needs of our pat
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Year Round
- Program Description:
The Specialized Center of Rehabilitation and Sports Medicinefocuses on rehabilitation for adults and children. We treat patients suffering from various diseases and conditions such as vertebrogenic disorders, neurological diseases, patients after surgeries, injuries of locomotive system, spine surgeries, as well as, patients with internal diseases and we offer various rehabilitation programs tailored to the needs of our patients.
Yearly, we hospitalize more than 630 patients and provide treatment for approximately 4,350 out-patients within our department. In other departments we rehabilitate roughly 13,500 patients.
Only with us you know your department and the mentoring team even before you apply. What does one of our mentors – ward and outpatient department physiotherapist Eliška- say about your placement schedule and patient cases to observe?
„Our therapy is always tailored to each patient, and many physiotherapeutic methods are combined in the process. My daily routine changes according to the department that I am based in. In the inpatient department, the diagnoses are more varied and the time spent with the patient is longer, which allows for more precise examinations, including different tests and a larger variety of available procedures and therapies. In the outpatient department, I work with a larger number of patients and focus on teaching them how to perform self-therapy, which is again adjusted according to the individual problems, skills, and approaches of the patients. You will be able to observe a combination of physiotherapeutic methods. Among the most frequently used, are reflex locomotion, dynamic neuromuscular stabilization, soft tissue mobilization techniques, stretching, proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation techniques, and elements of the Bobath concept.“
For whom is this placement suitable?
- This placement is ideal for you, if you aspire to become a physiotherapist, or doctor focused on neurology. At this type of placement you will gain a valuable insight into these fields and see the patients dealing with the health problems in this area.
- Setting Description:
- Our program takes place in University Hospital in Motol. It is located in Prague, Czech Republic. Czech Republic is known as the heart of Europe. It is one of the most peaceful countries in the world, surrounded by its neighboring countries, Germany, Poland, Slovakia and Austria. Its position is ideal for travelling around the continent, and it is easily accessible by various means of transport. Although it is a part of NATO and EU for a long time, it has its own currency called the Czech crown, which has a great exchange rate against the USD, GBP, and other currencies. This will make weekend trips very affordable for everyone!
- 1199 USD. The tution includes: Shadowing your mentoring team 25 hours per week minimum, Tutorials and Excursions 3 times per week, Study Materials, Accommodation and Food, CHP System to control your trip with just a click, 24/7 CHP Team support.
Additional Program Information
- You need to be 17-26 years old student and speak english fluently. Certain level of maturity is necessary for this type of placement.
- Scholarships Description:
- We want to support as many young people as possible to pursue their dream of becoming a healthcare professional. Every six months we will provide a partial CHP Scholarship to one of you. We will let you know via our social media outlets.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program