Shadow our Urology ICU mentoring team. The Urology ICU takes care of patients coming directly from operating rooms. They stay in our department until their conditions improve and they are ready to be transported to the standard ward department.
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Year Round
- Program Description:
The Intensive Care Unit of Urology takes care of patients coming directly from operating rooms. They stay in our department until their conditions improve and they are ready to be transported to the standard ward department.
Yearly, there are about 1,600 surgeries. Some patients need to stay in the ICU until their health conditions stabilize.
Only with us you know your department and the mentoring team even before you apply. What does one of our mentors – ICU nurse Sandra - say about your placement schedule and patient cases to observe?
„You will have an opportunity to have a look into the work of a ward nurse, which is different from the work of a general one. You can see specific procedures that are conducted only in our department such as gender reassignment surgeries, (e.g. of transsexuals) where we surgically change the sex of patients. Another intervention is the removal of the urinary bladder once a tumor occurs. We take care of patients after kidney, prostate, and urinary bladder surgeries. We will monitor intake and output of liquids and administer medication and infusion therapy according to the doctor’s orders. You will see the transfer of patients, hygienic care, administration of drugs, re-applying of bandages and invasive inputs, and a lot more. A portion of my work involves being a member of the PICC Team.“
Immerse yourself in the atmosphere of Urology.
For whom is the placement in Urology Intensive Care Unit suitable?
- This placement is suitable for you if you are an aspiring nurse or would you like to focus on intensive care medicine or urology. You will meet with patients right after surgery, so if you are interested in immediate post-surgical care, you will enjoy your placement with us. As the placement is limited, there will be only one student at a time.
Know more about the mentors' experience and daily job tasks directly on CHP Program webpage.
- Setting Description:
- Our program takes place in University Hospital in Motol. It is located in Prague, Czech Republic. Czech Republic is known as the heart of Europe. It is one of the most peaceful countries in the world, surrounded by its neighboring countries, Germany, Poland, Slovakia and Austria. Its position is ideal for travelling around the continent, and it is easily accessible by various means of transport. Although it is a part of NATO and EU for a long time, it has its own currency called the Czech crown, which has a great exchange rate against the USD, GBP, and other currencies. This will make weekend trips very affordable for everyone!
- 1199 USD. The tution includes: Shadowing your mentoring team 25 hours per week minimum, Tutorials and Excursions 3 times per week, Study Materials, Accommodation and Food, CHP System to control your trip with just a click, 24/7 CHP Team support.
Additional Program Information
- You need to be 17-26 years old student and speak english fluently. Certain level of maturity is necessary for this type of placement.
- Scholarships Description:
- We want to support as many young people as possible to pursue their dream of becoming a healthcare professional. Every six months we will provide a partial CHP Scholarship to one of you. We will let you know via our social media outlets.