Shadow our mentoring team at the Specialized Center of Neurosurgery. We specialize in treating the most complex device in the universe – the human brain – together with the spine and nerve system via acute or planned procedures.
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Year Round
- Work Types:
- Medical, Nursing
- Program Description:
The Department of Neurosurgery specializes in treating the most complex device in the universe – the human brain – together with the spine and nerve system via acute or planned procedures. Our center is well equipped and performs the most advanced surgeries and procedures on adults and children.
Each year, we admit about 1,200 patients, of which about 1,000 undergo surgery. Our outpatient departments care for more than5,000 people per year.
Only with us you know your department and the mentoring team even before you apply. What does one of our mentors – neurosurgeon Martin - say about your placement schedule and patient cases to observe? vybraný mentor
„You will see a wide spectrum of neurological diseases and you will learn how to examine them. People with speech or movement disorders are often our patients, for example patients suffering from neglect syndrome. You will be able to witness a wide range of surgeries from drilling into the skull to stitching of nerves under a microscope, as well as inserting screws into the spine. Some surgeries are conducted while patient is awake and are communicative during the performance. The surgeon is looking for important structures of speech and movement. I will teach you how to orientate the MRI, CT or RTG images we take. You will get to know the modern technology in the operation rooms and in the ICU, such as microscopes, ultrasound tumor aspirators, stereotactic navigation, pneumatic and electrical drills, electro-physical devices, or ultrasound probes, as well as the 3D printers used in medicine. On the other hand, I am not going to deny the presence of the permanent stress of the specialty to you.“
For whom is the placement in the Department of Neurosurgery suitable?
- Students who apply for placement in our center, should be determined to become neurosurgeons and they should treat the profession with responsibility and respect that it deserves. Our mentoring team has an outstanding experience with their field from various facilities around the world and they can impart many pieces of knowledge to you.
- Setting Description:
- Our program takes place in University Hospital in Motol. It is located in Prague, Czech Republic. Czech Republic is known as the heart of Europe. It is one of the most peaceful countries in the world, surrounded by its neighboring countries, Germany, Poland, Slovakia and Austria. Its position is ideal for travelling around the continent, and it is easily accessible by various means of transport. Although it is a part of NATO and EU for a long time, it has its own currency called the Czech crown, which has a great exchange rate against the USD, GBP, and other currencies. This will make weekend trips very affordable for everyone!
- 1199 USD. The tution includes: Shadowing your mentoring team 25 hours per week minimum, Tutorials and Excursions 3 times per week, Study Materials, Accommodation and Food, CHP System to control your trip with just a click, 24/7 CHP Team support.
Additional Program Information
- You need to be 17-26 years old student and speak english fluently. Certain level of maturity is necessary for this type of placement.
- Scholarships Description:
- We want to support as many young people as possible to pursue their dream of becoming a healthcare professional. Every six months we will provide a partial CHP Scholarship to one of you. We will let you know via our social media outlets.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program