Colorado Technical University is proud to be one of just a handful of universities in the United States to offer a Master of Science degree in Homeland Security. The School now also offers the program with a focused concentration in Emergency Managem
- Schaumburg, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Homeland Security & National Defense, Homeland Security & National Defense, Homeland Security & National Defense, Homeland Security & National Defense, Homeland Security & National Defense, Homeland Security & National Defense
- Program Description:
CTU's dynamic MS-HLS program adds concentration in Emergency Management and Public Health
Colorado Technical University is proud to be one of just a handful of universities in the United States to offer a Master of Science degree in Homeland Security. CTU developed its program to help dedicated HLS professionals become decision makers within a specific discipline of the growing field. The School now offers the program with a focused concentration in Emergency Management and Public Health.
The dynamic online curriculum, offered through CTU's award-winning Virtual Campus,* is designed to interpret, synthesize and critique the threat posed by terrorism, natural disasters and public health emergencies.
What You Can Learn
Coursework will challenge students to:
- Understand the challenges and best practices within the Emergency Management and Public Health disciplines.
- Understand the impact of public health emergencies on homeland security.
- Gain expertise in the role of emergency management within the larger homeland security enterprise.
- Develop knowledge in terms of best practices and optimal strategic approaches dealing with emergency and crisis situations and coping with public health emergencies.
- Develop effective policies for enhancing emergency and disaster management, syndromic surveillance, quarantine and other public health measures.
How to Apply
The program curriculum is designed for students with previous coursework and/or prior work experience in homeland security. Although prior knowledge or experience in the homeland security field is not required, it is highly recommended.
Applications are being accepted now. Students interested in learning more about this program are encouraged to contact us today.
*CTU’s Virtual Campus was named “Best of the Best” in the 2009 Computerworld Honors program in the Academia and Education category.
Colorado Technical University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association (230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois 60604-1411) www.ncahlc.org.
Find disclosures on graduation rates, student financial obligations and more at www.coloradotech.edu/disclosures. CTU cannot guarantee employment or salary. 42-32560 0365392 10/12
Additional Program Information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program