CTU’s Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) was developed using the AACN Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice. The program starts every 13 weeks. Learn more.
- Schaumburg, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Practitioner
- Program Description:
Aspire to Go Higher in Nursing
Demand for nurses with a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree continues to grow as employers recognize the unique contributions of these expert professionals, according to the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN).* Colorado Technical University’s new DNP program is designed for licensed RNs with a master’s in nursing who are seeking a terminal degree in nursing practice and are looking to move into advanced practice.
Developed using AACN’s The Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice, CTU’s program offers you the opportunity to study:
- Population health and epidemiology
- Organization and systems leadership
- The scientific underpinnings of nursing practice
- Applying evidence-based practice and research to improve health outcomes
- Information systems and advanced nursing practice
- Health policy ad advanced nursing practice
In this program, you are required to complete 49 credits for the DNP curriculum and 1,000 documented, supervised post-baccalaureate clinical hours (500 of which must be completed at CTU). You will also attend two dynamic in-person symposia events.
As a busy professional nurse, this flexible, focused doctoral program offers the opportunity to earn your degree online in an accelerated time frame.
Classes begin every three months. Learn more.
*Source: American Association of Colleges of Nursing, June 2017: http://www.aacnnursing.org/News-Information/Fact-Sheets/DNP-Fact-Sheet
CTU® cannot guarantee employment or salary. For important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this program, go to www.coloradotech.edu/disclosures. Not all programs are available to residents of all states. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
Additional Program Information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program