Intern in China offers a wide range of internships throughout Shanghai and Beijing, giving you all the flexibility you need to get the right internship at the right time in your academic career. Select a program from a month to a year in length, with fle
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong; Shanghai, China
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Rolling Starts, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Program Description:
- On Intern in China, your international internship will be customized to match your interests and how long you want to live abroad. You can gain practical skills in your major and really boost your résumé with international work experience. Internships last a minimum of 4 weeks, but we encourage you to stay as long as you can. Placements are focused in the modern cities of Shanghai or Beijing. You will experience:
A custom internship placement – We understand that you aren’t interning in China to sharpen pencils and learn to brew the perfect cup of tea. Don’t worry: your internship in Shanghai or Beijing will take into account your career goals, interests, and skills.
Resume-boosting experience – Besides improving your Mandarin language skills, you’ll gain valuable international work experience and professional references for the future. You will also receive an Internship Completion Certificate and an Employer Reference Letter. This will certainly help during the post-graduation job search!
Mandarin lessons – While you do not need to know Mandarin to participate in this program, we strongly recommend that you take advantage of the Mandarin lessons offered! What better way to truly immerse yourself the culture?
Strong staff support – Before your start your internship in China you will work with CISabroad staff in the U.S. and once you arrive in Shanghai or Beijing, our on-site staff will help you with internship, excursions, and general support.
Amazing sites in China - This geographically diverse country is slightly larger than the United States. Due to this, China provides endless year-round variety for visitors to the country, from ice festivals in the north to tropical beach resorts in the south.
Intern in China offers a wide range of internships throughout Shanghai and Beijing, giving you all the flexibility you need to get the right internship at the right time in your academic career. Select a program from a month to a year in length, with flexibility in your start date or choose our popular Summer Intern in China program with set dates. We encourage you to stay as long as you can to get the most out of your internship and immerse yourself in the culture. Internships are available in the following fields. Placements in the fields below are not guaranteed due to the changing needs of the local businesses/organizations and applicant qualifications. We always try to make the best match for you! So the sooner you apply, the better! Note: Placements with ** are "specialist placements" and require a minimum of 12 weeks. Agriculture** Business • Accounting • Advertising • Economics • Entrepreneurship • Event Planning/Management • Finance • Hospitality/Tourism • Human Resource Management • International Business • Management • Marketing • Sports Management Communications • Communication • Journalism • Public Relations Health Care • Dentistry** • Finance/ Medical Support • Marketing • Patient Services • HR & Recruitment & Training • Facility - Engineering and Interior Design • Physical & Nutrition • Nursing intern and educator • Optometry** • Pediatrics** • Psychology** • Psychical Therapy** • Technician - Pharmacy, Radiology, Clinical Laboratory Technician, Ultrasound Techinician • Social Work • Speech Therapy** Health Science • Food Studies/Nutrition Social Sciences & Humanities • Education • Specialized Education for the Visually Impaired** • Special Education • History STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) • Engineering • Environmental Science • Information Technology Visual/Performing Arts & Design • Architecture • Design Don't see your field? Contact an advisor and we'll be happy to help find the best internship for you!
If you've always wanted to intern in Shanghai or Beijing or just gain experience in the profession of your dreams, check out all Intern in China has to offer. Here are just a few of the key highlights that make this program unique: Great résumé builder A variety of placements in all industries of Shanghai or Beijing Mandarin internships possible Flexible start dates- select a program from a month to a year in length or choose a summer session with set dates Work with people from China and all over the world Comprehensive orientation and on-site support for your internship in China See all that Shanghai and Beijing have to offer, and enjoy easy access to the rest of China Mandarin lessons optional
- Setting Description:
- Shanghai Shanghai, China is located on the estuary of the Yangtze River, the largest river in China and one of the most important to the life of the country. Shanghai has become one of the world’s largest and most influential economic, technological, and international trade hubs of the 21st century. Due to this, the city boasts a population of over 23 million people, which is more than triple the size of NYC! Like many parts of China, modern meets tradition as you gaze out into the blended skyline. As the largest city in China with a rich colonial past, Shanghai is infused with both ancient Chinese history and a modern, even Western, touch. Go out and enjoy the cuisine from the many regions of China and from throughout the world. Students will love the rich culture of Shanghai and will be able to get a glimpse into the pulse of a city and a country that is becoming ever more important in our globalized world. Beijing Beijing, China is the capital of the People’s Republic of Chin
- For current prices and dates please visit the CISabroad website.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program