- Madrid, Spain
- Program Type:
- Teach Abroad
- Degree Level:
- 7-11 months
- Teach Abroad:
- Placement Audience:
- 6-12 years old, 12-15 years old, Business English
- Program Description:
Become a Language and Culture Assistant and help Spanish public-school students improve their English with fun and engaging activities! CIEE partners with the regional government of Madrid to help them recruit assistants for their schools. You’ll get a generous stipend for an enjoyable, part-time position and serve as a linguistic and cultural ambassador.
Teach 16 hours per week
4 day work week with three day weekends!
€1000 monthly stipend
24/7 support from CIEE staff in Spain
No experience necessary!
- Setting Description:
- You'll work as an English Language and Culture Assistant at a public school in the region of Madrid, a role that is part of a nationwide initiative. As a native English speaker, you will be assisting classes or small groups of students in order to develop their listening and conversational skills, as well as their understanding of North American culture. In many schools, you'll also teach English to members of the school staff. If you are placed in a bilingual school you may facilitate English conversational activities in subjects such as science, art, and history. Exact responsibilities of Language and Culture Assistants vary according to each individual school. However, you won’t be left alone with an entire class of students, nor will you be responsible for grading, discipline, or the independent supervision of students.
- $1,200 - $4,100 USD. Placement as a Language and Culture Assistant in the region of Madrid Pre-departure assistance – including visa guidance iNext international insurance with 24-hour emergency assistance Stipend of 1,000 Euro (approx. $1,150)/month Airport pickup and transportation to your orientation hotel on arrival day Four days of orientation in Madrid with topics including housing, banking, residency, health & safety, and more Cultural activities during orientation, and more!
Additional Program Information
- REQUIREMENTS Native English speaker A bachelor’s degree in any field Citizenship in the United States, Canada, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, or South Africa No age requirement No Spanish language requirement No previous teaching requirement
- Scholarships Description:
- Hundreds of students a year benefit from CIEE's variety of scholarships and grants. We are dedicated to helping students who need assistance take your studies out of the classroom and into the world! Check out our GAIN travel grants, Gilman GoGlobal, and
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program