The program is designed to meet the needs of various language skill levels and offers a high level of studentteacher interaction. Classes meet up to 22 hours a week. Each class averages eight students. Besides intensive classes which include the four main
- Beijing, China
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Work Types:
- Education, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- The goals of this program include two parts: in the first semester, participants will rapidly
improve language skills and solidly understand contemporary Chinese culture, education, and society.
Weekly themes integrate the intensive curriculum, for example, a lecture class may introduce the "Chinese
family and education". Additionally, participants will be trained to be an English teacher with an English
Teaching Certificate for elementary or middle school students in China. In the second semester, participants
will be assigned an internship position to teach English in an elementary or middle school with compensation.
The program is designed to meet the needs of various language skill levels and offers a high level of studentteacher interaction. Classes meet up to 22 hours a week. Each class averages eight students. Besides intensive classes which include the four main language skills: reading, writing, speaking, and listening, participants are provided teaching training course for being an English Teachers in China. For advanced level, participants could take elective courses such as Newspaper Reading or Chinese Literature.
BCPL provides official transcripts and course descriptions for transferring the credit back to participants’ home college/university. If participants need BCPL to work with your college to transfer your credit, please let us know.
- Setting Description:
- Please contact us for more information.
- First semester: Tuition: $3560 Living & meals: $2285.00 Second semester: Living - provided by the hosting elementary or middle schools. Meals – $150-$200 per month paid by participants Compensation: $315 per month paid to participants Participants may use your current college financial aid to pay the tuition. You need to talk to your home college financial officer.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program