Recent internship areas include: •Art and art history •Biology/Pre-Health •Business/Finance •Communication/English/Journalism •Computer science/Information systems •Education •Environmental science/Ecology •Fashion PR/Fashion journalism •History •Politi
- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Business, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- On Central’s study abroad programs, learning begins in the classroom, but continues in many different settings outside the traditional educational environment — offering you a more in-depth cross-cultural experience. Students can choose from either a service-learning or an internship option, both for academic credit.
Internships offer a fantastic opportunity for students to get hands-on experience in a field related to their major or academic interest in a local environment. These work experiences are invaluable assets to your résumé and future job options. Students intern two days a week (six credits).
Service-learning connects meaningful service opportunities in the community with academic learning, personal growth and civic responsibility. It gives students a chance to make a difference in their host city while exploring another aspect of contemporary British culture. A big part of the academic-based service-learning option is journaling and reflecting on your experiences. Most service-learning opportunities carry up to two semester hours of credit.
Recent internship areas include: •Art and art history •Biology/Pre-Health •Business/Finance •Communication/English/Journalism •Computer science/Information systems •Education •Environmental science/Ecology •Fashion PR/Fashion journalism •History •Political science/Pre-Law •Music - Management •Public Relations/Advertising/Marketing •Publishing •Psychology •Religion •Social sciences/Sociology •Sports marketing and management •Theatre Service-learning opportunities include: •Animal rights organizations •Art therapy •Care homes for the elderly •Childcare facilities •Churches •Help centers for women and children •Homeless shelters •Human rights organizations •Humanitarian assistance centers •Missions •Non-profit organizations and charities •Refugee organizations •Social service agencies •Teaching ESL/EFL
•Tuition •Guaranteed housing in Woburn Place, a central London residence including double rooms, shared bathroom facilities, and common kitchen, dining, laundry and lounge facilities •24-hour staff and reception •Computer/internet access •Week-long orientation •Excursions and cultural events such as a weekend trip to Stratford-upon-Avon •Internship and service-learning opportunities (optional) •Discount card for travel in central London •A commemorative photo book •On-site resident director and support services •Personal Central College Abroad Advisor for pre-departure support •Optional online pre-departure and re-entry course •Central College Abroad Student Survival Guide and Parent handbook •Supplemental travel insurance, including mental health coverage, emergency evacuation and more •International student ID card provided by INEXT •Transcript from Central College, a U.S. institution fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
- Setting Description:
- London is the capital of England as well as the largest city in the United Kingdom. It is one of the world’s leading business, financial and cultural centers, qualities that students find particularly appealing as they look to study abroad in a city with exciting cultural experiences and meaningful academic and internship opportunities. The city has much to offer study abroad students let alone Londoners. London boasts a thriving theatre district and is home to the modern reconstruction of Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre. Students, locals and tourists alike take advantage of London’s many free museums and plentiful green spaces. It is not uncommon to find students museum hopping in the early afternoon, playing a pick-up football (soccer) match in the late afternoon and attending a movie premier or West End show in the evening. Central College Abroad London is known nationally for its internship program. Most students on the London program work at an internship one to two days each week. O
- Please visit the CCA website for current cost information.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program