This specialized Parliamentary Program allows students to take coursework designed to provide participants with an initial grounding in British and Scottish politics, society and culture in addition to an internship within Scottish Parliament!
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Work Types:
- Business, Law, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- API students in Edinburgh are offered the chance to enroll with Scottish and other international students at the University of Edinburgh, one of the world's top 20 universities, based in one of the world's most desirable cities. This specialized Parliamentary Program allows students to take coursework designed to provide participants with an initial grounding in British and Scottish politics, society and culture in addition to an internship within Scottish Parliament! Students are placed with a MSP (Member of Scottish Parliament), completing a research project to aid that member's work. The University of Edinburgh is considered one of the world's top universities (17th overall according to QS World University Rankings). Some of the university's most famous alumni include Arthur Conan Doyle, Charles Darwin, Gordon Brown, Peter Higgs, and Winston Churchill! This program is highly competitive so it is recommended that students apply early! Pre-Departure Services: Advising, @api Online Resources, Orientation Materials and Support, Mobile Phone, Peer Mentors, Social Networking, Scholarships On-Site Services: Airport Reception, Resident Directors and Staff, API Center, Housing (including meals and laundry with host families), Tuition, Tutoring, Language and Culture Tools, Medical and Life Insurance, Excursions (overnight and international), Social and Cultural Activities, Welcome and Farewell Group Meals, Volunteer Opportunities Re-Entry Services: Re-Entry Materials and Support, Post-Program Evaluation, Transcript, Alumni Network and Development Opportunities
- Setting Description:
- The dramatic and romantic appeal of Edinburgh is endless, set atop its volcanic crags with medieval cobble-stoned streets, a majestic castle and a skyline of turrets, domes and spires. It is easy to see where the inspiration for Harry Potter came from! The elegant Georgian facades of the New Town are a contrast to the winding, twisting alleys and hidden courtyards of the medieval Old Town. Edinburgh, Scotland’s capital city, is not just a historic city, it is also forward looking, seat of the Scottish Parliament and boasting a vibrant cultural scene of live music, performing arts, galleries and museums and plenty of buzz. It is a great place for students, who make up 20% of the population and is home to one of the largest arts festivals in the world. Overlooked by the extinct volcano of Arthur’s Seat, sitting in the open parkland of Holyrood Park, Edinburgh is one of the greenest cities in the UK.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *3.0 G.P.A. *Open to juniors & seniors
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $450,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program