- Bristol, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Rolling Starts, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Animal Sciences, Arts & Architecture, Business, Computer Science, Education, Engineering, Hospitality, Journalism, Law, Psychology, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
API internships abroad are unique opportunities for you to begin to explore and cultivate your future career through a high quality, academic-based international internship. Interning abroad is the perfect way for you to gain valuable career training, cultural immersion, and soft skills through one complete program. In addition to benefiting professionally, you will also have the opportunity to gain personal awareness and self-knowledge, which is also invaluable as you start your career.
Our internship program is comprehensive and includes all of the key services and support to enhance the intern abroad experience so that you receive the highest return on your educational investment. Why limit yourself to interning locally? Start developing yourself and your career abroad through this exhilarating opportunity of a lifetime with API!
To help you through this remarkable career exploration and cultivation experience, we have developed our exclusive Career Navigation Briefcase. Your Career Navigation Briefcase will include the following resources to help you start developing your career both at home and abroad:
- LinkedIn 101 Guidebook
- Career Planning & Interning Abroad Assignments
- Soft Skills Training and Identification
- Digital copy of Getting from College to Career: Your Essential Guide to Succeeding in the Real World
- Career Assessment Resources
We understand that going overseas for an international internship can be an exciting but overwhelming undertaking. To ensure that our interns are prepared for this intensive academic and career experience, we have developed a special internship orientation program to ease the transition into the host country. All of the interns participating in our 8-Week Fixed Date Internship Program will receive our unique 3-day Workplace and Culture Orientation. During this fun and educational orientation, interns will have the opportunity to build relationships with other participants, discover the local culture, learn about the host country work environment, attend career related workshops, and participate in fun excursions. Flex-date interns will receive a shortened version of the orientation.
Problem solving, communication, taking initiative, self-confidence, and adaptability are just a few of the skills that students who study or intern abroad indicate they gained through participation. The good news is that these skills match the top skills that employers say graduates are lacking when entering their professional careers. Soft skills are sought after because they are harder to teach and are often best developed through experience. Through your international internship program you will experience distinctive learning opportunities and challenges that will give you concrete examples of ways you developed these skills during your program. API will assist you in being able to articulate these skills through our exclusive Career Navigation Briefcase. We will give you valuable resources, like our Culture and Workplace Integration orientation material, to help identify these learning opportunities and how to articulate them to potential employers.
- Setting Description:
- Bristol is approximately a two-hour train ride outside of London in South West England with a population of approximately 500,000. Through a unique collaboration with faculty at the University of Bristol, API will be offering special STEM focused placements. These placements may be research-based at the University, a hybrid of university research and private enterprise, or solely a commercial based placement.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, resident directors, housing, medical & life insurance, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- Minimum 2.50 G.P.A. Open to students ages 18 years old and up by program start date. No previous Spanish language study required.
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$500 per student intern.