The CCA program in London is a hybrid between CCA courses and classes taken at affiliate universities. Internships and service-learning provide practical experience in the culture. A typical course load is 12-17 credit hours. The program is broken down in
- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Computer Science, Education, Fashion, Journalism, Medical, Psychology, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- London is a capital city of the world. Officially one of the most international cities on earth, more than three hundred different languages are spoken within its boundaries. Studying abroad in London is the ultimate global education – a hands-on exploration of the arts, finance, government, fashion, business and more. The CCA London program uses the city as a classroom, emphasizing fieldwork as well as traditional academics. You won’t want to miss a play at the Globe Theater made famous by Shakespeare or a riverboat ride down the Thames – the lifeblood of the city. Meet people of all nationalities – from the Afro-Caribbean neighborhood of Brixton to the Bengali population in the East End. Learn practical skills as an intern that you can transfer to your future career – wherever in the world it may take you.
The CCA program in London is a hybrid between CCA courses and classes taken at affiliate universities. Internships and service-learning provide practical experience in the culture. A typical course load is 12-17 credit hours. The program is broken down into five areas: •Culture Course required of all students •Topics course required of all students •Central College Abroad electives taken at the CCA center •Affiliate university electives taken at London South Bank University and London College of Fashion •Internships and service-learning available for all students Just like their home institutions, students can choose the right combination of courses to complete their academic schedule. Most courses carry two to four semester hour credits.
•Tuition •Guaranteed housing in Woburn Place, a central London residence including double rooms, shared bathroom facilities, and common kitchen, dining, laundry and lounge facilities •24-hour staff and reception •Computer/internet access •Week-long orientation •Excursions and cultural events such as a weekend trip to Stratford-upon-Avon •Internship and service-learning opportunities (optional) •Discount card for travel in central London •A commemorative photo book •On-site resident director and support services •Personal Central College Abroad Advisor for pre-departure support •Optional online pre-departure and re-entry course •Central College Abroad Student Survival Guide and Parent handbook •Supplemental travel insurance, including mental health coverage, emergency evacuation and more •International student ID card provided by INEXT •Transcript from Central College, a U.S. institution fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
- Setting Description:
- London is the capital of England as well as the largest city in the United Kingdom. It is one of the world’s leading business, financial and cultural centers, qualities that students find particularly appealing as they look to study abroad in a city with exciting cultural experiences and meaningful academic and internship opportunities. The city has much to offer study abroad students let alone Londoners. London boasts a thriving theatre district and is home to the modern reconstruction of Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre. Students, locals and tourists alike take advantage of London’s many free museums and plentiful green spaces. It is not uncommon to find students museum hopping in the early afternoon, playing a pick-up football (soccer) match in the late afternoon and attending a movie premier or West End show in the evening. Central College Abroad London is known nationally for its internship program. Most students on the London program work at an internship one to two days each week. O
- Please visit the CCA website for current cost information.