Our intensive field courses deliver hands-on experiences which are very unique for a variety of disciplines. Belize has a wonderful array of bio- and cultural diversity, creating experiential learning every day for the adventurous student. Classes are s
- Belize City, Belize; San Ignacio, Belize; Dangriga, Belize
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- MayMester Intersession, Spring Break, Summer, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
- CELA Belize offers intensive field courses creating powerful learning experiences during the summer and winter break. The summer sessions run for eight weeks during May and June. Courses are scheduled in two week sections so students may take one, two or three courses for 3 credit hours each. Winter session dates begin on December 26 with two 2 week sections so students can take two courses in the winter. Courses are designed for students looking to distinguish themselves when applying for higher or professional degrees. Animal science, marine biology, indigenous studies, tropical ecology, health, medicine and pharmacology are great courses to take in tropical Belize.
Our intensive field courses deliver hands-on experiences which are very unique for a variety of disciplines. Belize has a wonderful array of bio- and cultural diversity, creating experiential learning every day for the adventurous student. Classes are small so each student interacts with the people, animals and the environment in this small, tropical country. Classes are taught in the jungle, villages, towns and islands of Belize.
Courses carry 3 credit hours and are given through a local college, are transferable to the student's home institution with faculty approval or students can get US credit with prior arrangements.
- Setting Description:
- English speaking,neo-tropical Belize Amazing cultural and bio-diversity Explore Maya ruins and sacred caves Kayak or canoe in a variety of rivers Visit the outlying islands and barrier reef for snorkeling and SCUBA diving Meet indigenous peoples and learn their histories and challenges Friendly people speaking a variety of languages and dialects
- $2,825 summer one course $4,450 summer two courses $2,995 winter one course $4,825 winter two courses airfare is not included
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program