CELL programs are a unique study abroad opportunity that: •Ignites a life-long commitment to living sustainably and to giving and receiving support for this commitment through community. •Integrates solid academic course work with experiential and service
- Reykjavik, Iceland; Selfoss, Iceland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- Travel to the Land of Fire and Ice to learn the concepts of “Sustainability Through Community.” Experience life at Solheimar eco-village, a community dedicated to sustainable living practices. Witness glaciers, volcanoes, and geothermal hot springs, and explore Iceland, one of the most remote, geologically unique, and environmentally friendly countries in the world.
CELL programs are a unique study abroad opportunity that: •Ignites a life-long commitment to living sustainably and to giving and receiving support for this commitment through community. •Integrates solid academic course work with experiential and service-learning opportunities in the field. •Provides a 24/7 learning environment where students live and learn in and with communities committed to living sustainably.
Are you interested in learning how to live sustainably while having an adventure of a lifetime? Would you like to be a part of local and global solutions to environmental, social, and economic problems? Would you like “to be the change you wish to see in the world?” Our unique interdisciplinary study abroad programs will inspire you with a new vision of what is possible and will transform how you look at yourself, your community, and your world.
- Setting Description:
- During your semester adventure in sustainability, you will live at Solheimar, take trips into Reykjavik, the capital of Iceland, to learn about its history and culture, hike into geothermal heated hot sprints, get up close and personal with glaciers and volcanoes, participate in a variety of service-learning projects from planting trees near Hekla, Iceland’s most historically active volcano to living and working at an amazing turf house museum (it’s only kind in the world), etc.
- The cost depends on program length, so be sure to check out website for the latest costs.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program