- Pedernales, Ecuador
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Animals, Arts, Education, Environment, Health
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months
- Program Description:
As a Ceiba Ecuador volunteer you will put your knowledge and skills to work for habitat conservation, reforestation, environmental education, and scientific research.
Ceiba is dedicated to conservation of tropical ecosystems, and works with local people to protect natural resources and develop sustainable ways of living. Volunteers make tangible and lasting contributions to our projects, and are long remembered by the communities where they work.
You will be immersed in local communities and work directly with local people in rural areas, where few people speak English but all are friendly and patient with volunteers as they improve their Spanish.
Come and experience the rich culture and diversity of the Ecuadorian coast!
- Setting Description:
- The volunteer site is located at Lalo Loor Dry Forest reserve on Ecuador's beautiful Pacific Coast. Our volunteers live and work within the local community, often outdoors and in rustic conditions. Volunteers are expected to work 5 days/week with other days off for exploring nearby beaches, towns and natural areas.
Additional Program Information
- We seek motivated individuals who enthusiastic, flexible and interested in learning a variety of skills.
- Scholarships Description:
- Diversity Scholarships