- Vina Del Mar, Chile
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Beautiful beaches. Towering mountains. Lush vineyards. Arid deserts. Study abroad in Vina del Mar, Chile, and experience some of South America's most varied terrain and ecosystems. This relaxed, friendly city offers the best of both worlds: Easy access to Chile's natural wonders and urban amenities, all in a city that's home to so many parks that its nickname is "La Ciudad Jardin," or the garden city. Immerse in the Spanish language and Chilean culture as you take courses at the University Vina del Mar, known for its focus on international students and its pioneering environmental engineering program. Gain hands-on experience through CEA's volunteering and service learning opportunities and turn the city into your classroom through a range of cultural activities, from visits to the Casblanca wineries, poet Pablo Neruda's home on Isla Negra, and excursions to the nearby capital of Santiago.
CEA has strategically partnered with the University of Viña del Mar, well-known for being on the forefront of internationalization. Full curriculum and language programs alike attract international students from Europe, Canada, the U.S., and other Latin American countries. CEA students of all language levels have access to a wide range of language and culture courses through the university’s Department of International Relations and Outreach. Whether looking for a short-term or semester program, language students will find an academic option to fit their needs and schedule.
All CEA students receive personalized assistance from admissions counselors and site specialists who are available to answer all of your questions. We give you the tools you need to plan an unforgettable study abroad experience. Upon arrival, students are met at the airport and go through an orientation for their new home away from home. On-site staff is there to help you along the way. Program price includes: housing, excursions, cultural activities, transcripts, and more.
- Setting Description:
- Known by the locals as La Ciudad Jardín, or the Garden City, Viña del Mar is ideally located near Chile’s beautiful Valparaiso beaches. Chile’s fourth-largest city boasts attractions such as an annual music festival, proximity to Santiago without the capital city’s hustle and bustle, easy access to many of Chile’s natural attractions, and a safe, supportive study environment. Live like a local in a Chilean home with one of Vina del Mar’s hospitable host families. This is perfect for students who are looking to experience family life in Chile, and who are willing to adapt to the structure and values of the family. Homestays allow each participant to continue practicing Spanish outside of class while learning about daily life in Chile.
- Program price varies. Check CEA's website for up-to-date information.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Contact provider for more information.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program