- San Jose, Costa Rica
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
- Choose the academic program that best suits your college degree and general elective needs. CEA strategically partners with two universities in Costa Rica: Veritas University and Universidad Latinoamericana de Ciencia y Tecnologia (ULACIT). Veritas University offers an excellent international program for foreign students on a small, intimate campus that makes it easy for students to interact. ULACIT is an acclaimed Costa Rican institution that's ranked as the number one private university in the country. Participate in cultural activities designed to engage you with the university community and immerse into local culture. Intensive language programs are available in a variety of lengths, from intensive month to semester sessions, to suit students’ needs. All CEA students receive personalized assistance from admissions counselors and site specialists who are available to answer all of your questions. We give you the tools you need to plan the study abroad experience of a lifetime. Upon arrival, students are met at the airport and go through an orientation for their new home away from home. On-site staff is there to help you along the way. Program price includes: housing, excursions, cultural activities, transcripts, and more.
- Setting Description:
- The capital city of Costa Rica, San Jose, boasts about 1.4 million people and is situated in the Central Valley, where it's guarded by majestic volcanoes and tropical rain forests. Live like a local in one of two CEA housing options –residencias or homestays – depending on your comfort zone, budget, or level of independence. Delve deeper into San José through CEA-organized cultural activities that enable you to connect directly and meaningfully with the local and national cultures.
- Program price varies. Check CEA's website for up-to-date information.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Beautiful Country, Even More Beautiful Experience: Journey to True Pura Vida11/16/16
I studied w/ CEA for an entire semester; I ,specifically, did the Medical Spanish & Health Sciences program. I had an amazing semester that truly changed my life (that sounds cliche but it is sooo true). The on-site staff (Maggie and Leo) are amazing,
and they do a great job of helping you navigate through the semester. Each are invaluable resources. I lived with a host family via a homestay. My family was so welcoming and really were a huge part of why my time in CR was beautiful. Costa Rica is a lovely country that exemplifies love and enjoying life. The program includes everything from room and board (breakfast and dinner), health insurance, excursions to help with registering for classes. I learned so much spanish while I was there; I use the medical spanish at work daily. overall, it is an A+ program; My time in CR would not have been as amazing if I had not went with CEA.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend