- Irvine, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
CalSouthern’s Master of Arts in Psychology (MA) degree is ideally suited for those students interested in pursuing a career in marriage and family therapy or as a licensed professional clinical counselor. The program satisfies the educational requirements for licensure (as an MFT or professional clinical counselor) in the state of California. It features a clinically oriented curriculum that provides students with the high-level, specialized knowledge required by the field, exposes them to a variety of current psychotherapeutic techniques, in addition to honing the personal qualities that are essential to effective therapeutic practice.
- The MA meets the educational requirements for California licensure as an MFT or professional clinical counselor
- Receive personal instruction from gifted educators who are also leading practitioners in their fields
- Gain exposure to today’s leading psychotherapeutic techniques
- Hone the personal qualities essential to effective therapeutic practice
Originally founded in 1978, CalSouthern is regionally accredited and offers 100-percent online degree and certificate programs in psychology, business, law and criminal justice. You’ll work with the university’s state-of-the-art, proprietary online learning system, with one-on-one faculty mentoring and a personal academic support team to help you meet your academic and professional goals.
- Rigorous, continuously updated, career-relevant curriculum
- With 100-percent online courses and no group projects, you study on your time without compromising your work and family live
- Monthly course starts and no entrance exam requirements mean you can start right away
- Affordable tuition—and the amount you pay will never increase while you’re enrolled
- A transparent, no-pressure, consultative enrollment process
Additional Program Information
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
- Financial Aid:
- Admission to the Master of Arts in Psychology degree program requires a bachelor's degree or its equivalent completed at an appropriately accredited institution. The MA in Psychology degree requires 62 graduate semester units beyond a bachelor's degree.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program