- Hiroshima, Japan; Kyoto, Japan; Osaka, Japan; Tokyo, Japan
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Program Description:
Study abroad this summer in Japan with Blyth Academy International Summers and earn grade 11 or grade 12 high school credits!
The land of the rising sun is truly a fusion of the ancient and modern, with feudal castles and tranquil rural landscapes juxtaposed with thriving metropolises on the cutting edge of technology and fashion. There’s no better way to get a true feel for the different facets of this spectacular country than to stay in a mix of guest houses, hostels and hotels, and gain an understanding of local customs in each new location.
A journey through Japan should be infused with excursions to beaches, long soaks in natural hot springs, known as onsen, and tastes of wonderful cuisine. Must-see stops include hikes on the stunning Mount Fuji, and through Miyajima Island and its Itsukushima Shrine, known for the “floating” torii gate.
Japan offers visitors a wistful gaze into the past and a glimpse of the future to come—a truly remarkable destination for learning and growing.
- Setting Description:
- Program Itinerary: Tokyo - 6 days Mount Fuji - 3 days Hiroshima - 2 days Kyoto - 8 days Osaka - 6 days Our accommodations in residences, small guest houses and hostels will be simple and will include dormitories.
- $7,995 CAD. Plus $195 registration fee. Includes group airfare arranged by Blyth Academy and an estimated $1000 in airline and departure taxes, local taxes and fees. Also includes tuition and supervision. Please visit www.blythsummers.com/fees for an explanation of our departure taxes, fees, and surcharges, and when these fees will be invoiced.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Blyth Academy strongly believes in the value of educational travel. We believe in making our programs fully accessible to all students, and therefore provide financial aid to students and families who have demonstrated financial need.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program