- Otavalo, Ecuador; Quito, Ecuador
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Program Description:
Study abroad this summer in the Amazon and the Galapagos Islands with Blyth Academy International Summers!
The Galapagos archipelago, nearly 1,000 km (620 miles) off the coast of Ecuador, is a double UNESCO World Heritage Site, with both land and sea areas protected. The islands were the inspiration for Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution—and once you’re there, it’s easy to imagine why. Visit the Charles Darwin Research Station, swim in the Pacific, play beach sports, hike to panoramic viewpoints, and snorkel in stunning blue waters.
Continue your wildlife adventure of a lifetime in the Amazon basin—believed by many to be home to the most diverse ecosystem in the world, with thousands of species of plants, animals, fish, and insects. Take a rejuvenating dip in the Papallacta hot springs before arriving at a jungle eco-lodge on the shores of the Napo River. Hike along jungle trails, study poolside and take in the views from your terrace while chattering troops of monkeys swing by.
- Setting Description:
- Program Itinerary: Quito - 3 days San Cristobal, Galapagos - 4 days Puerto Ayora, Galapagos - 6 days Otavalo - 5 days Amazon - 4 days Puembo - 1 day
- $7,995 CAD. Plus $195 registration fee. Includes group airfare arranged by Blyth Academy and an estimated $1000 in airline and departure taxes, local taxes and fees. Also includes tuition and supervision. Please visit www.blythsummers.com/fees for an explanation of our departure taxes, fees, and surcharges, and when these fees will be invoiced.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Blyth Academy strongly believes in the value of educational travel. We believe in making our programs fully accessible to all students, and therefore provide financial aid to students and families who have demonstrated financial need.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program