This four-week global health program at BGU provides students with a comprehensive learning experience that combines classes, professional field trips, and a practicum. Students take two courses and participate in a week-long practicum.
- Beersheba, Israel
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
The global health program at BGU provides students with a comprehensive learning experience that combines classes, professional field trips and practicum. We believe a large part of the learning occurs in the field. That’s why students will not only hear about global health but they will also visit places and meet people that actually practice or demonstrate aspects of global public health in Israel.
Students will participate in a one week on-site practicum. Students will be divided between a variety of clinics and organizations dealing with migrant health, mental and psychosocial health and eco-health.
- Setting Description:
- Located in Israel, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (BGU) and its Health Faculty are involved in the development of Israel’s south periphery. They are engaged in researching the impact of geopolitics on pollution, access to health care services, and well-being. This enables us to expose participants to the Negev’s population, composed of small developing towns, dwellers, farmers, Kibbutz members, Bedouin villagers and city residents epitomizes Israeli unique social texture making the Negev and the University an exciting place to live and study global health.
- $4,000 USD. For students who choose not to live on-campus, the cost is $3,500
Additional Program Information
- Students completing their third year of bachelor’s degree and students for Master’s degree, both in the fields of Health sciences, and Social Sciences with interest in public policy and health economy. English proficiency required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Scholarships available to outstanding students.