- New Orleans, United States; Minneapolis, United States; Saint Louis, United States
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester
- Program Description:
On this semester-long program, participants will paddle the Mississippi River from Minneapolis to New Orleans. Learn about environmental sustainability, the effects of climate change, river ecology, and outdoor leadership. With the guidance of wilderness experts, the group will complete the expedition in four large voyageur canoes.
A highly experiential program, much of the learning takes place outside of formal class activities. In addition to coursework, students will engage in a wide range of activities such as: site visits to college campuses, river groups, and activist groups; setting up campsites with shelters, solar panels, and more; bonding with fellow students over shared activities and experiences; and more! Students will complete an independent study project on a topic of their choosing.
Students will complete 16 credits on the river, no camping or canoeing experience is required, but you must be willing to spend the semester outdoors, learning and adapting throughout your time.
- Setting Description:
- Students will camp in primitive camping, some hostels and guest houses occasionally, will be carrying all of our own equipment
- 19,648 USD. Augsburg Tuition for 2019-20: $19,648 Educational Field Activity Fees: $5,300 Room and Board: $2,200 Additional fees may apply. See website for most up to date costs.
Additional Program Information
- Currently enrolled undergraduate student, transcript, approval from school
- Scholarships Description:
- Pentair has generously granted funds to provide a limited number of high impact ($500- $3000) scholarships to participants on Augsburg's River Semester. Preference given to participants in an underrepresented group in the sciences and engineering.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program