- Florence, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
Athena's program in Florence offers students unique options during a Fall, Spring, or Summer session.
Athena's partner school in Florence, Italy, Lorenzo de' Medici (LdM), is a private institution located among several buildings in the center of this charming Renaissance city. The campus' main building dates back to the 13th century and, before being renovated, was originally a convent and church.
Medieval frescos and sculptures still adorn the walls and ceilings of the classrooms, ensuring a beautiful and historically holistic experience for students - both in and out of the classroom.
LdM is equipped with modern computer and language labs, comfortable classrooms, knowledgeable faculty, diverse course offerings (from language or theater, to archaeology or history). One of the primary missions of the Lorenzo de' Medici School, which has been operating its main campus in Florence for more than 30 years, is to promote global education through authentic cultural immersion programs and a diverse international student population.
Athena's Florence program will most likely have something that will strike your interest. This program has a huge selection of other courses, including courses in International Conflict Transformation, Business, Communications, Political Science, Psychology, Art Restoration, Archaeology, Internship opportunities and many more.
- Housing in shared student apartment
- Utilities up to $75/month
- Health insurance from HTH Worldwide, a global leader in international health insurance
- Services of an on-site student advisor
- Student services including cultural and social events (some for additional fees)
- Special interest clubs (some require additional fees)
- Weekend trips (two trips for semesters abroad, one trip for summer abroad)
- Pre-departure guide and advising
- Official transcript from Scuola Lorenzo de' Medici (LdM)
- Arrangement of U.S. accredited transcript, if necessary (additional transcript fees apply)
- 24-hour emergency line to advisors (health issues)
- Online account management
- Welcome and Farewell reception
- Free cell phone rental
- On-site orientation
- Coordination of program alumni contact
- Campus internet access
- On-campus library facilities
- Advice on acquiring an Italian student VISA (Semester/Year only)
- Assistance in preparing documents for Permit of Stay (Semester/Year only)
- Unparalleled personalized service
- Contribution to a world charity through Students Offering Support (S.O.S.), the charitable arm of Athena
- Setting Description:
- Studying abroad in Florence, Italy, means living in a city that boasts a reputation of being one of the most artistically and culturally beautiful cities in the world. From the regal Renaissance and Medieval architecture of the buildings that line the city streets, to the priceless works of art that line the walls of the Uffizi gallery, beauty and culture surround you at every turn in this richly diverse city. With one of the largest international study abroad student populations in the country, Florence is a perfect blend of old-city tradition with modern-day energy.
- Semester: from USD $14,900 Summer: from USD $4,500 January: from USD $4,400
Additional Program Information
- Age: 18+ GPA: 2.8
- Scholarships Description:
- A full listing of our scholarships can be found at our website.