Three weeks at Esuela Carmen de las Cuevas with ArtsAbroad Dance Flamenco dance classes include intensive flamenco technique, choreography and compás (rhythm). You will learn to distinguish between the different styles flamenco dances and the diverse rhy
- Madrid, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Program Description:
- Dance or Guitar students aged 18 or older - spend the summer vacation of your life with three weeks of dance and music in Granada, Spain!
• Flamenco dance or guitar classes at all levels
• Spanish language course at all levels
• Attend the International Festival of Music & Dance
• Excursions and activities in Granada
• Weekend trip to beautiful beach town of Nerja
Three weeks at Esuela Carmen de las Cuevas with ArtsAbroad Dance Flamenco dance classes include intensive flamenco technique, choreography and compás (rhythm). You will learn to distinguish between the different styles flamenco dances and the diverse rhythms of the music. Granada’s shops offer the perfect chance to buy shawls, shoes, fans and castanets. Guitar Guitar classes focus on flamenco technique and music styles as well as skills for accompanying dance and singing. In addition, you will discover that Granada is one of the most important cities for hand-crafted guitars in the world. You will visit the workshops of guitar makers to see them at work! Spanish Language Two hours each morning of intensive Spanish classes will build your skills and help you integrate into the city. You will take an online placement test before arrival to be registered in the appropriate level class.
- Setting Description:
- Discover Andalusia! Beautiful Moorish architecture, exotic cuisine, mountains, beaches and endless sun makes the South of Spain the perfect summer destination! Granada Arrive just in time to attend performances at the International Festival of Music & Dance. Visit the Alhambra, an ancient Moorish palace fortress from the 1300’s. The Sacromonte with its unique cave houses gives you taste of a gypsy flamenco neighborhood. As a university city, there is plenty of student nightlife and shopping.nerja Nerja Enjoy a relaxing weekend trip to this beach village. Little white houses and fishing boats are sure to charm you, and the Mediterranean mountain view from the beach promenade will take your breath away. We will also visit the Caves of Nerja, a stunning geological wonder.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program