- Cork, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
A friendly, green, forward-thinking campus just outside Ireland's second city
Established in 1845 as Queen’s College Cork, and welcoming 115 students when it officially opened in 1849, University College Cork (UCC) is ranked in the top 2% of universities in the QS world university rankings, and 21,000 students now call it home.
The university is known for a commitment to innovation and forward-thinking, as evidenced by the appointment of the first female professor in the UK and Ireland, Mary Ryan, in 1910.
UCC ranks highly in many areas, among them graduate employability, and is the top Irish university for highly cited researchers and research impact. The university has also fostered a deep investment in sustainability and is ranked 9th worldwide by UI Green Metric, the first worldwide ranking on university sustainability, for five years in a row. UCC is the first university in the world to be awarded the International Green Flag for Environmental Friendliness.
In the QS World University rankings by subject, UCC has ranked highly for Nursing, Agriculture and Forestry, and Law; English Language and Literature, Pharmacy and Pharmacology, and Medicine. There are many unique academic opportunities at UCC in a wide array of subject areas. Music is a particular strength and many Arcadia students take music courses at UCC in areas ranging from African to Indian to traditional Irish music. A special academic opportunity is the Pre-Session program for international students, allowing them to complement the fall semester and participate in fieldwork.
The campus is located on a 42-acre site, 10 minutes outside the center of Cork city, and situated in the larger region of Ireland’s southern coast. It is a lovely, open space organized around a central quadrangle, with a vibrant, friendly campus life, and 100 student societies to choose from, ranging from skydiving to inline hockey to hurling to mountaineering. Facilities are excellent and include one of the leading indoor sports centers in Ireland, which has undergone a recent renovation.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Giant's Causeway
- Game of Thrones Westeros set location
- Dublin Weekend
- Cliffs of Moher
- Homestay Weekend
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- With a stunning campus that combines a gothic revival style main Quadrangle building with modern student amenities, classroom buildings and laboratories, the University College Cork (UCC) provides an excellent example of the contrasts which exist in modern Ireland. You'll be inspired by the history, beauty, and culture of the city of Cork with its hilly streets and the River Lee splitting in two channels and placing the city center on an island. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Giants Causeway · Cliffs of Moher · Weekend in Belfast · Bunratty Castle and Folk Park · Dublin Food Trail · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.0 - Recommended 2.7 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program