- Cork, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
At the University College Cork (UCC), there is a wide selection of courses in many disciplines, ranging from strong offerings in Traditional Irish Dance and Music, Celtic Studies, Folklore, and Literature, to Business, Economics, and Environmental Studies. Several Early Start programs are available beginning in mid-August focusing on single Irish Studies subjects such as Folklore, History, Music, and Archaeology, including field studies throughout Ireland.
There are many unique academic opportunities and course offerings available at Cork. Traditional Irish dance and music, folklore, and literature are available along with offerings in business, economics, and environmental science. Music is a particular strength at Cork and students with minimal experience are welcome to take courses on traditional Irish music while those with more extensive experience can perform in groups in musical genres as diverse as jazz, African music, and Southeast Asian music.
Optional pre-session course available prior to fall semester.
Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, …
- Get to know yourself - then change! Gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support: 9 centers covering 11 countries worldwide
- Boost your résumé – employers AND graduate schools.
- Setting Description:
- With a stunning campus that combines a gothic revival style main Quadrangle building with modern student amenities, classroom buildings and laboratories, the University College Cork (UCC) provides an excellent example of the contrasts which exist in modern Ireland. You'll be inspired by the history, beauty, and culture of the city of Cork with its hilly streets and the River Lee splitting in two channels and placing the city center on an island. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Giants Causeway · Cliffs of Moher · Weekend in Belfast · Bunratty Castle and Folk Park · Dublin Food Trail · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.0 - Recommended 2.7 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program