API students at the National University of Ireland, Galway (NUI, Galway) choose from a range of undergraduate courses as offered in the Faculties of Arts (humanities), Commerce (business), Engineering, and Science.
- Galway, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- API students at the National University of Ireland, Galway (NUI, Galway) choose from a range of undergraduate courses as offered in the Faculties of Arts (humanities), Commerce (business), Engineering, and Science. Coursesare arranged in the seminar and lecture styles, and grades are based predominantly on one final exam. Pre-Departure Services: Advising, @api Online Resources, Orientation Materials and Support, Mobile Phone, Peer Mentors, Social Networking, Scholarships On-Site Services: Airport Reception, Resident Directors and Staff, Housing (including meals and laundry with host families), Tuition, Tutoring, Language and Culture Tools, Medical and Life Insurance, Excursions (overnight and international), Social and Cultural Activities, Welcome and Farewell Group Meals, Volunteer Opportunities Re-Entry Services: Re-Entry Materials and Support, Post-Program Evaluation, Transcript, Alumni Network and Development Opportunities
- Setting Description:
- Galway is a charming coastal city on the west coast of Ireland. County Galway is Ireland’s largest Gaelic-speaking area in the country, and even today the mother tongue of much of the population is the native Irish language. The countryside surrounding Galway seems not to have changed in 150 years. Fields that were abandoned during the potato famine of the mid-1800s still lie untouched, and one sees the low stone walls and rolling hillsides that characterize Ireland. In the midst of the history and tradition of the countryside lies the bustling city of Galway. Students find plenty of diversion in the city labeled the “Cultural Capital of Ireland.” Students can choose to attend a play at one of three world-renowned theaters or visit the 13th century Collegiate Church of St. Nicholas, where Christopher Columbus is said to have prayed before undertaking his journey to the New World.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 3.0 G.P.A. *Open to juniors and seniors only
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program