- Dublin, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
As the capital of the Republic of Ireland, Dublin is one of the liveliest cities in Europe. With a multicultural atmosphere and a thriving art scene, there's something for every student in Ireland's capital. Students will enjoy activities such as Irish dancing, attending the Bram Stoker festival, and visiting the Leprechaun Museum all while studying a variety of courses.
API students may choose to study abroad in Dublin at three elite universities in the area: Trinity College Dublin, the oldest university in Ireland and one of the most prestigious in all of Europe; University College Dublin, a dynamic, modern university where cutting-edge research and scholarship provide a stimulating intellectual environment that boasts alumni such as James Joyce; or Maynooth University, the hallmark of Ireland's only "university town." All three universities are well-renowned and will provide students with a fantastic education during their time abroad.
- Setting Description:
- With one of the youngest populations comprising people from many different parts of Europe and the globe, the city has a full and varied cultural and intellectual life, which brings together the best of traditional Ireland and of modern Europe. Dublin is particularly fortunate to have many theaters, museums and galleries throughout the city. Famous for its literary and musical tradition, Ireland’s capital has been home to well known writers, playwrights, actors, and musicians for many years. A particular feature is the tradition of live music in every conceivable venue, from street artists to the National Concert Hall to the many pubs where traditional Irish music still flourishes. In the literary field, the contribution of native sons has been outstanding, with Jonathan Swift, Oliver Goldsmith, Oscar Wilde, George Bernard Shaw, W.B. Yeats, and Samuel Beckett amongst the most prominent.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- Please see API website
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program