- Dublin, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Four centuries of scholarship in the heart of Dublin at Ireland's #1 university
Four centuries of scholarship on an iconic campus in the heart of the multicultural, buzzing, international city of Dublin await you! Established in 1592 by Elizabeth I, Trinity College Dublin is ranked as Ireland’s #1 university, and its principles of research and academic freedom are upheld in all institutional endeavors.
A highly ranked research university, Trinity is also the highest ranked university in Ireland for internationalization, with a diverse, friendly and welcoming student body of 17,000.
Trinity’s secluded walled campus provides the opportunity to step back in time, into its renowned Library with its world famous illuminated manuscript, The Book of Kells, folios from which are on view for visitors.
You’ll sense the echoes of its many famous alumni, including the writers Oscar Wilde, Bram Stoker, Samuel Beckett, and Jonathan Swift. More recently, the University boasted a joint winner of the Nobel Prize in Medicine, William Campbell, in 2015.
Study abroad students at Trinity may choose from Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Engineering, Mathematics and Science; the Business School, and Health Sciences. The program is open to Junior and Senior Level students with a strong academic background (3.5 for English, 3.1 all other departments).
Special Academic Opportunity: A three-week pre-session course, Understanding Ireland is available prior to the start of the fall semester, which focuses on several areas of Irish Studies.
Campus life revolves around the many sports, clubs and societies you can join, and the spirit of the city itself. Dublin is a young and vibrant, diverse and exciting city, with plenty of history, culture, literary haunts, pubs, restaurants, and nightlife, and easy transport access to the many areas of scenic beauty and cultural importance throughout Ireland, near and far -- as well as to Great Britain and continental Europe.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses.
Here is a sampling:
- Belfast Weekend
- Giant's Causeway
- Cliffs of Moher
- Bunratty Castle & Folk Park
- Game of Thrones set locations
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- Dublin, a city whose median population is under the age of 30, is a mecca for students and young adults. You'll never be at a loss for things to do in Dublin. Arcadia guarantees your housing and takes care of these arrangements for you. In Dublin, you may choose to live in apartment style flats with other American students or in with an Irish family. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Giants Causeway · Cliffs of Moher · Weekend in Belfast · Bunratty Castle and Folk Park · Dublin Food Trail · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.3 - Recommended 3.3 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program