- Lecce, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Language and culture studies are supported by an afternoon "learning lab" emphasizing aspects of local culture through crafts, dance, folk traditions and excursions. This provides a variety of opportunities to experience the distinct cultural traditions of the region and to interact with local residents.
Located in the heel of the boot that is Italy, this program is based at the award-winning Lecce cooperative, Officine Cantelmo, a young and dynamic collaboration between sustainable enterprise, youth programs and cultural initiatives with the participation of the Università del Salento. Directors, staff and faculty hail from the University's internationally renowned Centro Linguistico d’Ateneo (CLA). The renovated and repurposed premises right in the heart of the old city and dedicated staff will really give you a warm feeling of community in this beautiful part of Italy.There are three, four-week sessions from which to choose, offering six credits per session; you may take back-to-back sessions. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling: Amalfi Coast, Film Series, Roman Baths and Wine Vineyards in Viterbo, and more...
Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, …
- Get to know yourself - then change! Gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support: 9 centers covering 12 countries worldwide
- Boost your résumé – employers AND graduate schools.
- Setting Description:
- Located in the Puglia region (easily recognized on a map as the "heel" of the Italian "boot"), Lecce has long been a respected center of learning. While many look to central Italian cities such as Siena or Urbino as unspoiled examples of renaissance architecture, few realize that there exists such a worthy baroque counterpart as Lecce.
- See website for details. Scholarships available!
Additional Program Information
- 2.5 For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out different funding sources for study abroad - from Arcadia and other foundations...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program