- Toledo, Spain
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Education, Hospitality, Medical, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
If the idea of studying in a former 16th century convent in the heart of the historical district of one of Spain's loveliest and most culturally-rich cities appeals to you, the widely-respected Fundación Ortega-Marañón - Toledo is a good choice. The program requires that you have 4 semesters (or the equivalent level of proficiency) of Spanish to enroll. Six credits must be in Spanish language at a level that matches your proficiency. Courses are taught exclusively in Spanish, by Spanish professors. Internships and service learning are also available in a variety of disciplines, and there is an option to take direct enroll courses at the University of Castilla-La Mancha. Summer term is available for mid-June to late-July.
A semester internship in Toledo is also available.Past internship placements have included: The Regional Parliament in Castilla-La Mancha; The Santa Cruz Museum; Toledo City Hall; La Cruz Roja (Spanish Red Cross), The Chamber of Commerce of Toledo, The Council of Education, Radio Nacional de España.
The Fundación Ortega-Marañón - Toledo is a degree-granting institution that focuses on strengthening knowledge of Spanish language and culture through a wide range of course offerings in language, anthropology, art history, literature, history, politics, and economics. Excursion options include visits to Madrid, Andalucía, Salamanca, Zamora, and the Museo del Prado.
Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, …
- Get to know yourself - then change! Gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support: 9 centers covering 12 countries worldwide
- Boost your résumé – employers AND graduate schools.
- Setting Description:
- The learning environment of the Fundacion complements the rich historical backdrop of Toledo. Classes are held in the San Juan de la Penitencia, a former 16th-century convent. The Fundacion's location puts you within walking distance to some of Spain's most noteworthy synagogues, mosques, and churches. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Guided Exploration of Alhambra · Discover Morocco · Dali, his work and the landscape that inspired him · Guided city tour of Barcelona · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.0 GPA - Recommended 2.5 GPA - For Consideration * 4 semesters of college-level Spanish or equivalent are required
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program