- Granada, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Summer in one of Spain's most beautiful cities
The Arcadia in Granada Summer program is comprised of the same intensive language and culture instruction that make the semester program so exceptional. Granada is the perfect place to soak up the culture, learn the language, meet local and international students, and experience the Spanish way of life. The stunning scenery and welcoming local atmosphere make this program a perfect choice for those students interested in Spanish.
This program can accommodate anyone, regardless of proficiency in Spanish, whether beginner or advanced. Courses are taught at either the Arcadia Granada Center or the Centro De Lenguas Modernas at the Universidad de Granada.
The Summer Program offers two tracks.
Intensive Spanish language track - If you wish to start learning Spanish or improving your Spanish language skills, this option is for you. Small class sizes and the latest audio-visual communication tools make these classes very effective for language development.
Intensive Spanish language and culture track - If your Spanish is at intermediate level this option is open to you. You’ll take 40 hours of language classes and choose two 20-hour modules from a selection including Spanish literature, art, history and business.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- The Museum of Exile and Colliure
- Gincana in Granada and Barcelona
- Discover Morocco
- Guided Exploration of Alhambra
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- Located at the foot of the Sierra Nevada mountains, Granada is one of Spain's most enchanting cities. The Arcadia University program is based in the historic and charming neighborhood of el Realejo at the University of Granada's Centro de Lenguas Modernas. The Centro de Lenguas Modernas is housed between two buildings - the lovely 16th century palace of Santa Cruz and a magnificently-renovated facility located on the nearby Calle Molinos. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Guided Exploration of Alhambra · Discover Morocco · Multi-city tours · Gincara (treasure hunt) · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 2.5 GPA - Recommended 2.3 GPA - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program