- Cairo, Egypt
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
The Semester Abroad program is the ideal choice for those who are confident in their ability to thrive while living abroad and are looking to commit to a semester or a full academic year abroad in order to continue, or indeed begin their journey as learners of Arabic. This opportunity is perfect for anyone from university students who would like to aid their studies back at home, to enthusiasts ready to open a new door to the Arab world.
Full Semester at a glance:
- 15 week course – includes exam weeks and mid-term holiday
- 240 hours contact hours in MSA, ECA and electives – 20 hours per week
- Small group classrooms that do not exceed 5 students at each level
- Total immersion in Arabic culture through:
* Volunteering opportunities
* Class assignments, seminars and talks
- Extra curricular activities held throughout the semester in:
* Arabic Calligraphy
- Mid-term and end of semester exams.
Fall 2018: Sept 2 – Dec 13
* 21 – 25 October mid term break (no classes)
Spring 2019: Feb 3 – May 16
* 24 – 28 March spring break (no classes)
Take your studies abroad in Egypt and gain the self-knowledge, cultural competency and the linguistic skills necessary for success in today’s ever increasingly global institutions.
Be provided with a tailored program based on your own needs and area of interest.
Get fully immersed in the Arabic language and the Egyptian culture through extra curricular activities and excursions around Egypt held throughout the semester.
Full and free transcript with the individual’s linguistic progress, in order for the university to be able to transfer university credits most appropriately.
Free placement test, registration, certificate and shuttle from airport to accommodation.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Arabeya fellowships enable gifted applicants, regardless of their financial circumstances, to live in Cairo, enjoy its rich culture, study Arabic language, and gain work experience in the fields of E-marketing and administration.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program