- Sydney, Australia; Melbourne, Australia
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Rolling Starts, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Animal Sciences, Education
- Program Description:
API offers paid work opportunities in Australia, New Zealand, or both! All placements require participants to commit to an initial minimum of 2 weeks, including full accommodation, living and working on family-owned organic farms or ranches. If you’ve already graduated university, and wish to spend longer in Australia or New Zealand, you are provided extensive resources and training upon arrival to help you transition from this program into a full-time paid work opportunity and remain in-country for up to 10 additional months on a Working Holiday visa! Paid positions are available in just about every field. If you can’t choose between living and working in Australia and New Zealand, no problem! You just need to arrange at least the first 2 weeks in either location and our local staff will help you plan for the rest of the year.
These opportunities allow you to live abroad and experience the local culture as more than a tourist. By working abroad, you can cultivate real-world experience and form lasting relationships and connections, all while exploring exciting new places.
Paid positions vary greatly, though examples are:
- Au Pair
- Restaurant Staff/Chef/Bartender
- Banana Packer/Sorter
- Travel Sales
- Marketing and Events Coordinator
- Project Manager/Construction
- Farm/Ranch Hand
- ....and more
- Guaranteed placement living and working on a family-owned organic farm
- Minimum 2 week commitment, with paid-job search support on-site
- 25-35 hours/week (may be spread over 5-6 days, depends on season and conditions)
- Option to find a PAID job in almost any field and extend stay for up to 12 months (ask your Program Coordinator/Manager for details)
- Approximately 90% of participants seeking paid work positions find jobs through this program
- Setting Description:
- Australia is known for its diverse and beautiful landscapes that span the world’s largest island (or smallest continent, depending on your point of view). Five of Australia’s cities are ranked among the world’s top 30 for students to live in (Mercer), and cities such as Brisbane, Melbourne, and Sydney are known for their eclectic and international makeup. Come work abroad in Australia and experience this amazing land with API!
- Please see API website for details. USD. WHAT’S INCLUDED *API advisor to assist you with all pre-departure needs, including visa assistance, and liaise with partner throughout program *Airport shuttle bus ticket to orientation housing *Housing with local host family *Meals (3 meals/day, 7 days/week w/ host family) *Medical, Life, and Travel Insurance *On-site welcome weekend (3 days/2 nights) - Hostel + breakfast in Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney * On-site support from partner and host/employer
Additional Program Information
- *Participants must be 18-30 years old
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program