Spend your summer in London and Paris! Study and travel abroad in England and France—with AIFS.
- London, United Kingdom; Paris, France
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend your summer traveling to London and Paris with the AIFS War and Society study and travel program! You’ll earn 3 credits through Richmond, the American International University in London. This course is taught in English.
Live in a double or triple room in a university residence hall in London. In Paris, students live in double rooms in a student residence. In Normandy, students share double rooms in a hotel. Breakfast and dinner are included Monday through Friday in London and Paris.
You’ll spend 8 nights in London, 7 nights in Paris and complete with program with 6 nights back in London.
Cultural and social activities include:
- Visit to the Household Cavalry Museum
- Sightseeing cruise on the River Seine
- Visit to the Palace of Versailles
- Visit to the WWI Historical de la Grande Guerre and tour battlefields
- Overnight trip to Normandy
- Tour of the D-Day beaches
- Visits to the Churchill War Rooms, the National Archives and the Imperial War Museum.
- Setting Description:
- Begin in London, a city that has witnessed countless battles and wars and lived to tell the tale. With a huge wealth of museums, preserved historic palaces and archives, it is the ideal location to begin the study of War and Society. The middle week of the program is based in Paris, where you will visit Versailles, and both WWI and WWII battlegrounds and memorial sites. Returning to London for the final week, you will see World War II from the British perspective and move into the fallout in the post-war years.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive program fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS flight packages are available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA (lower GPAs will be considered on a case by case basis).
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.