- Kyoto, Japan; Nagasaki, Japan; Tokyo, Japan
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend your summer traveling to Kyoto, Nagasaki and Tokyo with the AIFS Japanese Culture: Past, Present and Future study and travel program! You’ll earn 3 credits through Richmond, The American International University in London. This course is taught in English.
Live in a double or triple room in tourist class hotels. Daily breakfast is included in Nagasaki and Tokyo, while Kyoto is self-catering.
You’ll spend 10 nights in Kyoto, 3 nights in Nagasaki and 7 nights in Tokyo.
Cultural and social activities include:
- Tour of Taizo-In Zen Buddhist Temple
- Trip to Nara and the Great Buddha Hall
- Guided tour of Nijo Castle
- Visit to Nagasaki’s Peace Park
- Guided walking tour of Meiji Shrine, Harajuku, Shinjuku and Yoyogi Park
- Visit to the National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation
- Visit to the Ghibli Museum and Akihabara, Tokyo’s Electric Town
- River cruise from Asakusa to Hamariyku traditional Japanese gardens.
- Setting Description:
- Japan combines fascinating ancient culture with trend-setting pop culture and ground-breaking technology. Spend 3 weeks journeying through "the Land of the Rising Sun" and visit Kyoto, Nagasaki and Tokyo. You will spend over a week in Kyoto, immersing yourself in ancient Japan through visits and interactive activities. Travel on to Hiroshima and Nagasaki to visit their peace parks and memorials and end in Tokyo for an exploration of contemporary and emerging Japanese culture.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive program fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS flight packages are available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA (lower GPAs will be considered on a case by case basis).
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program