- Suzhou, China
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in Suzhou, China with AIFS! You’ll earn 12 credits from Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU). Courses are taught in English.
You'll live in a student residence hall close to campus with either 3 or 6 single en-suite bedrooms. A meal allowance is built into your program fee to help subsidize the cost of purchasing meals and groceries.
Suzhou, China's equivalent of California's Silicon Valley, is a hub of global innovation. You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities here such as an introduction to Chinese painting and calligraphy, a Tai chi show, a tea ceremony, Chinese cooking classes and visits to museums, galleries, Suzhou's famous gardens and more. Three exciting excursions will be included in your program fee to incredible locations like Shanghai, Hangzhou, and Zhou Zhuang Water Town.
An optional 3-day excursion to Beijing is also available.
- Setting Description:
- Throughout the course of Chinese history, Suzhou has been a metropolis of industry and commerce. Today it strives to be one of China’s most industrious cities with a large tech sector and service industry and a thriving food scene.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program