- Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or year in vibrant city of Sao Paulo with AIFS and earn up to 18 credits. Live in a homestay or a shared student house. Enjoy cultural activities such as guided historical tours, museum visits, samba and capoeira lessons and Brazilian cooking classes. Day trips to Juquehy, Santos and Embu das Artes are included and AIFS offers an optional 3-day excursion to the exhilarating city of Rio de Janeiro.
AIFS in Sao Paulo offers a unique Portuguese Language and Brazilian Studies curriculum, designed for students who want to begin or strengthen their skills in Portuguese, and take courses that focus on Brazil and South America. Volunteer opportunities are also available.
A new internship program is also available to any students who have prior knowledge of the Portuguese language. Placements are available in business, environmental studies, marketing and more. This program is 20 hours per week with 6 credits.
- Setting Description:
- The economic and cultural heart of Brazil, locals refer to Sao Paulo affectionately as Sampa. Known for its unique modern architecture, a vibrant fashion and music scene, and world class museums and theaters, Sao Paulo is a modern city with something for everyone.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program