- Prague, Czech Republic
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in the picturesque city of Prague, Czech Republic with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 15 credits per semester through a variety of courses studying at the University of Economics, Prague (VŠE). Courses are taught in English.
Internship and volunteer programs are available for abroad students to get involved in Prague’s community! Students abroad in Prague can partake in a 3-credit International Internship Program. Internships are arranged based on your skills, interests and abilities in a variety of fields including: production, marketing, IT and administrative assistant placements with the Prague Shakespeare Company to teaching English in a local elementary school. AIFS can also arrange volunteer and non-credit internship placements across a variety of fields and organizations in Prague.
In Prague, you’ll live in a student residence hall in a double room with another AIFS student. Single rooms are available on a limited basis for an additional fee. Meal allowances are included for students to subsidize the cost of purchasing meals and groceries.
Enjoy cultural and social activities such as guided city walks, visits to museums and cultural sites, opera, theater and ballet performances, sporting events, language events to meet and practice speaking with Czech students, and more. A 2-day trip to Moravia, the beautiful eastern region of the Czech Republic, is also included in your program.
Optional excursions include trips to: Czech Spa Town; Krakow and Auschwitz-Birkenau in Poland; Southern Bohemia, Czech Republic and Salzburg, Austria; Budapest, Hungary; and a 3-day trip to Vienna, Austria for fall semester students. A 2-night tour of London, England, is included for students on the AIFS Flight Package.
- Setting Description:
- Prague is a picturesque, modern European city. Its collection of Gothic, Baroque and Renaissance architecture makes it one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. Explore the castles and cathedrals, discover landmarks of music and literature, and learn about the fascinating history of Prague and central Europe. The University of Economics, Prague (VŠE) is the largest public University of economics in the Czech Republic. The University celebrated its 60th anniversary in 2013.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Study abroad through AIFS02/04/14
For my study abroad experience, I could not have chosen a better program than AIFS. Before I chose to study in Prague, Czech Republic I researched many different options and not other program offered as many benefits as AIFS. Some of these many benefits
included prearranged living in student dorms, each given a prepaid go phone and a visa card that was loaded with money every month for food and other expenses, had a staff and office present and available that were there to answer any and all questions and concerns, arranged pre and post program arrival and departure with an optional trip to London, drop off and pick up from the airport, and a included group trip to Krakow, Poland with a tour of Auschwitz. All people affiliated with AIFS were very nice and helpful; I always felt safe, supported, and well taken care of. It seemed to me that AIFS placed emphases on the importance of students studying abroad and tries to put together the best study abroad packages as possible in order for them to do so. I would also recommend the specific program in Prague, Czech Republic. I really enjoyed the classes and the atmosphere of Prague, so much so that I decided this is where I will attend graduate school after graduation. Prague is a great city and experiencing it with a good quality program made all of the difference!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend