- Prague, Czech Republic
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or year in the picturesque city of Prague with AIFS and earn up to 12 credits. Live in a student residence hall. Enjoy cultural activities such as guided city walks, visits to museums, cultural sites, opera, theater, ballet, sporting events and language events to practice the language. A 2-day trip to Moravia, is included. Optional trips include a 3-day trip to Krakow and Auschwitz-Birkenau, 3-day visit to Southern Bohemia and Salzburg, a 3-day trip to Budapest, and a trip to Vienna for fall semesters.
AIFS in Prague offers non-credit internship opportunities for students interested in enhancing their résumé while abroad. Volunteer opportunities are also available.
- Setting Description:
- Prague is a picturesque yet modern city. It’s collection of Gothic, Baroque and Renaissance architecture makes it one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. Explore the castles and cathedrals, discover landmarks of music and literature, and learn about the fascinating history of Prague and central Europe. The University of Economics, Prague (VŠE) is the largest public University of economics in the Czech Republic. The University celebrated its 60th anniversary in 2013.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Study abroad through AIFS02/04/14
For my study abroad experience, I could not have chosen a better program than AIFS. Before I chose to study in Prague, Czech Republic I researched many different options and not other program offered as many benefits as AIFS. Some of these many benefits
included prearranged living in student dorms, each given a prepaid go phone and a visa card that was loaded with money every month for food and other expenses, had a staff and office present and available that were there to answer any and all questions and concerns, arranged pre and post program arrival and departure with an optional trip to London, drop off and pick up from the airport, and a included group trip to Krakow, Poland with a tour of Auschwitz. All people affiliated with AIFS were very nice and helpful; I always felt safe, supported, and well taken care of. It seemed to me that AIFS placed emphases on the importance of students studying abroad and tries to put together the best study abroad packages as possible in order for them to do so. I would also recommend the specific program in Prague, Czech Republic. I really enjoyed the classes and the atmosphere of Prague, so much so that I decided this is where I will attend graduate school after graduation. Prague is a great city and experiencing it with a good quality program made all of the difference!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend