- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in the classic city of London with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 15 credits per semester through a Traditional Program, Certificate in British Studies Program, Certificate in Fashion Marketing Program, or a Freshman and Sophomore Program at Richmond, the American International University in London. Courses are taught in English.
If you’re looking to earn academic credit for volunteer work, Richmond offers a Service Learning and Active Citizenship course that combines a community placement with written work. This course is based on the principles of civic engagement, ethical social responsibility and social justice. Participating students must obtain a student visa before entering the U.K.
Live in a student residence hall that is close to campus and to the famous Kensington Gardens, Natural History Museum, and West End theater district. Accommodations are in double and triple rooms, but single rooms are available on a limited basis and for an additional fee. Ten meals (5 breakfasts and 5 dinners) Monday through Friday in the student cafeteria are included in your program fee.
You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities such as guided city tours, museum visits, theater and musical performances, sporting events and day trips to nearby cities such as Brighton, Oxford and Stratford-upon-Avon.
An optional 3-day trip to Paris (taking students through the Channel Tunnel!) is offered.
- Setting Description:
- London is diverse, modern and thriving city. And with AIFS, central London is just outside your door. Situated in the Royal Borough of Kensington, the Royal Albert Hall and Kensington Palace are just part of the neighborhood. A major political, financial and cultural center, London is one of the world’s most cosmopolitan cities. Home to a multitude of museums and galleries, concert halls, theaters, historic buildings and a host of beautiful urban parks, London has something for everyone.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program