- Limerick, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in the charming city of Limerick, Ireland with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 15 credits per semester at the University of Limerick (UL). Courses are taught in English.
The University of Limerick offers a program of credit-bearing service learning opportunities for AIFS students. Community projects require students, UL academic staff and community partners to work together to focus on a specific area of need within the local community.
You’ll live in university townhouses just a 10-15-minute walk from the main classroom buildings. Students will receive a meal allowance to subsidize the cost of meals and groceries.
You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities such as literary walking tours and local festivals, a traditional Irish music night, visits to museums, castles and other historic sites and sporting events such as rugby and Gaelic football. A range of excursions are included in your program fee such as a day trip to the West of Ireland, a 2-day trip to the Aran Islands, a day trip to Dublin (fall semester), a 3-day trip to Cork (fall semester), a day trip to Killarney (spring semester), and a 3-day trip to Galway (spring semester).
A 2-night tour of London, England is included for students on the optional AIFS Flight Package.
- Setting Description:
- Limerick, the third largest city in Ireland, is located in the picturesque west of Ireland, along the River Shannon. Experience the beauty of the Irish countryside while studying at the most innovative university in Ireland. Ireland has a rich cultural heritage with its own distinctive language (Gaelic), music, culture, sports and a worldwide reputation for hospitality. Céad míle fáilte romhat! A hundred thousand welcomes!
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors with a minimum 2.9 GPA. 2.75 GPA and above considered on a case by case basis.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program