- Limerick, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or year in the charming city of Limerick and earn up to 15 credits. Live in a shared townhouse with other AIFS students, as well as Irish and international students. Students will receive a package of meal vouchers to be used in any of 10 restaurants and cafes on campus during the week. Enjoy activities such as visits to museums, castles & other historic sites, & music & sporting events. Included is a 2-day trip to the Aran Islands, a 3-day visit to Dublin for Fall students, a day trip to Cork for Fall students, a 3-day visit to Belfast & a day trip to Killarney for Spring students, and a day trip to the West of Ireland.
You’ll earn up to 15 credits through a variety of courses studying at the University of Limerick. Courses are taught in English. AIFS offers a unique academic experience at the University of Limerick, named University of the Year for 2015 in the UK. Students have access to the University’s full curriculum of courses and take classes alongside Irish students. Volunteer opportunities are also available.
- Setting Description:
- Limerick, the third largest city in Ireland, is located in the picturesque west of Ireland, along the River Shannon. Experience the beauty of the Irish countryside while studying at the most innovative university in Ireland. Ireland has a rich cultural heritage with its own distinctive language (Gaelic), music, culture, sports and a worldwide reputation for hospitality. Céad míle fáilte romhat! A hundred thousand welcomes!
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors with a minimum 2.9 GPA. 2.75 GPA and above considered on a case by case basis.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program