- Hyderabad, India
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in Hyderabad, India with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 16 credits per semester at the University of Hyderabad. Courses are taught in English.
The University of Hyderabad offers service learning program that focuses on current issues impacting community life in India, and places students with an NGO to experience development initiatives firsthand.
You’ll live in an international student residence hall in a double room. Three meals a day in the residence cafeteria are included.
You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities including:
- Guided walking tours
- Visits to important cultural and historic sites
- Indian cooking classes
- 5-day Golden Triangle Tour to Delhi, Agra (to see the Taj Mahal) and Jaipur.
Optional excursions include a 4-day trip to Ajanta and Ellora and a 4-day trip to Kerala.
- Setting Description:
- Hyderabad is known as the City of Pearls, a legacy of its history as a pearl and diamond trading center. As the joint capital of the states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad embodies a confluence of Hindu & Muslim culture, offering a rare opportunity to experience the cultural traditions of both these faiths. A modern and cosmopolitan city, Hyderabad is located in the central part of India making it the perfect place from which to experience both Northern & Southern Indian traditions.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors (Traditional Academic Program). Open to college juniors and seniors (Community Engagement Program). Minimum 2.75 GPA is required. 2.5 GPA and above considered on a case-by-case basis. No previous foreign language study required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.