- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend your summer abroad in beautiful Buenos Aires, Argentina with AIFS! You'll earn up to 6 credits when you take part in the Medical Spanish Immersion Program at the University of Belgrano, with a clinical rotation at Hospital Británico. Courses are taught in English and Spanish and an Intermediate level of Spanish is required.
The clinical rotation at Hospital Británico gives you global, résumé enhancing experience towards your career in medicine. Students will be assigned to specific medical areas at Hospital Británico such as Pediatrics, the Intensive Care Unit, Internal Medicine, the Emergency Room, and Orthopedics and Traumatology.
Live in an Argentine homestay in the best areas of Buenos Aires such as Belgrano, Recoleta and Palermo with daily breakfast and dinner provided Monday through Friday.
Enjoy cultural activities such as walking tours, gallery and museum visits, a traditional Argentine asado (barbeque), and a visit to Barrio San Telmo. Cultural excursions to Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay, and Fiesta Gaucha are also included in your program fee.
A 3-day, optional excursion to the spectacular Iguazú Falls is available as well.
- Setting Description:
- Charismatic Buenos Aires, the capital of Argentina, combines European style and sophistication with South American energy, flair, and passion. Not only is Buenos Aires the political capital, but it is also the commercial and industrial center of the country. The city’s large population juxtaposes the heritage of Italian and Spanish cultural traditions in an Argentine setting.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS flight packages are available.
Additional Program Information
- Must be 18 years or older to apply. Minimum 2.75 GPA is required. A minimum level of Intermediate Spanish language is also required. Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program