- Budapest, Hungary
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in Budapest, Hungary with AIFS! Earn up to 12 credits per semester studying abroad at Corvinus University of Budapest. Courses are taught in English.
Make a positive impact on the local community through volunteer work! In the spring semester, students will assist children and new mothers from Budapest Roma communities. In the fall, students will focus on renovation tasks in a Roma community.
You’ll live in double-room apartments with another AIFS student. All students will receive a meal allowance to subsidize the cost of meals and groceries.
Exciting cultural and social activities include:
- Walking tours of the city
- Music concerts and ballet performances
- Boat trips along the Danube
- A day trip to Szentendre
- 3-day trip to Vienna, Austria
- 2-day Lake Balaton and Wine Country tour.
A 3-day trip to Prague, Czech Republic, is also available as an optional excursion. The optional AIFS Flight Package includes a 2-night tour of London.
- Setting Description:
- Budapest is a lively, friendly and exciting city rich in history and cultural achievement. It has more than 2 million inhabitants. The city's theaters, cinemas, cafes, festivals, sports events and lively nightspots make it one of Europe's most attractive study abroad destinations.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Minimum 2.75 GPA required. Must be 18 years or older to apply. No previous Hungarian language study required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.