- Berlin, Germany
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in the modern and historic city of Berlin, Germany with AIFS. You’ll earn up to 15 credits per semester through a variety of courses studying at Freie Universität, Berlin. Courses are offered in English and in German.
In Berlin, volunteering is an excellent way to give back to the local community, learn new skills and build your confidence. If you’re interested in volunteering in Berlin, information on volunteer opportunities will be available once you arrive.
Live in either a homestay or a student apartment. Homestay students will live in their own room and receive breakfast and dinner daily from their host family. Apartments are single occupancy with a living room, bedroom, bathroom and kitchenette. Apartment students will receive a meal allowance, and all students will receive a Mensa card to subsidize the cost of on-campus dining.
Cultural and social activities may include walking tours, boat trips, German cooking classes, and visits to the many historical and cultural landmarks in Berlin. Excursions include day trips to Potsdam and Quedlinburg, weekend trips to the Baltic Sea and to Erfurt and Weimar, and a week-long European City Excursion.
A 2-night tour of London, England is included for students on the AIFS Flight Package.
- Setting Description:
- Berlin is arguably Europe’s hippest city – a dynamic, multicultural metropolis where the emphasis is on creativity and expression. It is hard not to be impressed by the regeneration that is taking place architecturally, economically and socially since 1989. Berlin has a huge diversity of cultural offerings including world-class museums, world-renowned orchestras, opera houses, and theaters, as well as a thriving contemporary art and music scene. Whatever your taste, Berlin will inspire you.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to juniors, seniors, and second-semester sophomores. Minimum 3.0 GPA. No previous German language study required for the European Studies Program. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program