- Berlin, Germany
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in the modern and historic city of Berlin with AIFS. And earn up to 15 credits. Live in a homestay or student apartment and enjoy activities such as guided city walks, visits to museums and cultural sites, and cooking classes. In addition, a day trip to Potsdam is included, as well as a week-long European City Excursion; the exact location is confirmed prior to the start of the semester.
You’ll earn up to 15 credits through a variety of courses studying at Freie Universität Berlin. Courses are taught in English or German, and no previous German language study is required. AIFS Berlin offers a unique experience through the European Studies Program at Freie University (FU-BEST), a program designed to meet the academic needs of American university students. Tracks are available for students with all levels of German language study. A GermanPlus+ program is available to students at the advanced level of German language. Volunteer opportunities are also available. Includes 2 advanced language courses and 3 subject taught in German on Berlin theatre, German art and German identity in politics and history.
- Setting Description:
- Berlin is arguably Europe’s hippest city – a dynamic, multicultural metropolis where the emphasis is on creativity and expression. It is hard not to be impressed by the regeneration that is taking place architecturally, economically and socially since 1989. Berlin has a huge diversity of cultural offerings including world class museums, world renowned orchestras, opera houses and theaters, as well as a thriving contemporary art and music scene. Whatever your taste Berlin will inspire you.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to second semester sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 3.0 GPA. No previous German language study required for the European Studies Program.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program