- Athens, Greece
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend the summer in the vibrant and sophisticated city of Athens with AIFS and earn up to 6 credits. Live in a shared double room in the apartment-style residences. Enjoy cultural activities such as guided city walks, visits to historical and archaeological sites and Greek dancing classes, as well as day trips to the Greek Islands and Cape Sounion. Optional excursions include day trips to Mycenae, Nafplion and Epidaurus.
AIFS in Athens offers students the opportunity to choose from the full curriculum at ACG. Students may choose from a wide range of courses in business, science or the humanities. ACG also offers a cultural exchange program, pairing American students with Greek students, and state-of-the-art sports facilities, which were the training base for the 2004 U.S. Olympic Team.
- Setting Description:
- As the birthplace of democracy, Athens has had an extraordinary role in the history of the world. Celebrated as the ancient seat of classical thought, Greece’s cosmopolitan capital has always been a visually stunning city but visitors are often surprised to learn that it is also sophisticated and modern, with an efficient transport system, a young population, vibrant street life and a relaxed lifestyle. The Athenians, and Greeks in general, are known for their filoxenia, graciousness and hospitality; they will welcome you with a smile!
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA is required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program