- Athens, Greece
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend the summer in Athens with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 6 credits per session through a variety of courses studying at the American College of Greece, Athens (ACG). Courses are taught in English.
Live in a beautiful apartment-style residence complex just a 10-15-minute walk from campus. You’ll have a double room with fully-equipped kitchens and complimentary on-site laundry facilities. A meal allowance is included to subsidize the cost of meals and groceries, and you can also take advantage of ACG’s Campus Dining Meal Plan for an additional fee.
Enjoy cultural and social activities such as:
- Guided city walks
- Visits to the Acropolis and the Plaka
- Museum tours
- Greek food tasting evenings
- A Greek Island Tour.
Optional excursions include a:
- Visit to Cape Sounion (Sessions 1 + 2)
- Day trip to Mycenae and Nafplion (Session 1)
- Day trip to Nafplion and Epidaurus (Session 2).
A 2-night tour of London is included for students on the AIFS Flight Package.
- Setting Description:
- As the birthplace of democracy, Athens has had an extraordinary role in the history of the world. Celebrated as the ancient seat of classical thought, Greece’s cosmopolitan capital has always been a visually stunning city but visitors are often surprised to learn that it is also sophisticated and modern, with an efficient transport system, a young population, vibrant street life and a relaxed lifestyle. The Athenians, and Greeks in general, are known for their filoxenia, graciousness and hospitality; they will welcome you with a smile!
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA is required. Must be 18 years or older to apply. No previous Greek language study required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program