- Athens, Greece
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Spend 3 weeks over January term in Athens, Greece with AIFS! Earn 3 credits studying at DEREE – The American College of Greece. Select one 3-credit course in archaeology, business, film, or history — all taught in English.
Stay in student apartments in the College's student residence complex, with internet access and a meal allowance included. A variety of social and cultural activities are included such as guided walking tours of Athens, visits to the Acropolis and Parthenon, visits to the Plaka, and Greek food tastings. A day trip to Delphi and the Sanctuary of Apollo is also included.
- Setting Description:
- Athens has played an extraordinary role in world history. Greece is celebrated as the ancient seat of classical thought and the birthplace of democracy. DEREE – The American College of Greece is located on a 64 acre park-like campus on a picturesque hillside with stunning views. Athens is an ideal location for students looking for the best of both worlds – centuries of history on display at museums and archaeological sites such as the magnificent Parthenon, the cobbled streets of the Plaka and ancient churches all nestled within a bustling city with modern amenities, stylish shops, eclectic art galleries and coffee shops. The cosmopolitan Greek capital has always been visually stunning, but people are often surprised to experience a modern city, with an efficient transport system, a young population, vibrant street life and a relaxed lifestyle.
- AIFS is recognized as a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our students receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS flight packages are available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates and college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA (lower GPAs considered on a case-by-case basis).
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our students receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. For full details, please visit: https://www.aifsabroad.com/scholarships.asp