- Athens, Greece
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Spend 3 weeks over January term in Athens, Greece. Earn 3 credits studying at DEREE – The American College of Greece. Select a course in archaeology, history or international business, all taught in English. Stay in student apartments in the college's student residence complex, with internet access and a meal allowance included. A variety of social and cultural activities are included to help you explore the juxtaposition of modern Athens and Greek life and the rich abundance of Greek heritage, culture, monuments and history that has been passed on through the millennia.
Spend 3 weeks in beautiful Athens, Greece studying at the oldest American-sponsored college in Europe. Select the archaeology course, Topography and Monuments of Ancient Athens; the history course, Modern Greece: A Troubled History; or the business class, International Business. Earn 3 credits as you explore Athens and the surrounding areas. Enjoy a day trip to Delphi and the Sanctuary of Apollo – as well as numerous social and cultural activities, including a Greek food tour, sightseeing and walking tours, visits to local museums and markets, traditional dancing and more. Apartment-style residences are fully appointed for comfort and entertainment. Students have access to a fitness center in the residence complex as well as the state-of-the-art fitness facilities on campus, previously the base of the 2004 U.S. Olympic team.
- Setting Description:
- Athens has played an extraordinary role in world history. Greece is celebrated as the ancient seat of classical thought and the birthplace of democracy. DEREE – The American College of Greece is located on a 64 acre park-like campus on a picturesque hillside with stunning views. Athens is an ideal location for students looking for the best of both worlds – centuries of history on display at museums and archaeological sites such as the magnificent Parthenon, the cobbled streets of the Plaka and ancient churches all nestled within a bustling city with modern amenities, stylish shops, eclectic art galleries and coffee shops. The cosmopolitan Greek capital has always been visually stunning, but people are often surprised to experience a modern city, with an efficient transport system, a young population, vibrant street life and a relaxed lifestyle.
- AIFS is recognized as a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive program fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS flight packages are available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates and college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA (lower GPAs considered on a case-by-case basis). All courses taught in English.
- Scholarships Description:
- $800,000 in funding is available each year. For full details, please visit: https://www.aifsabroad.com/scholarships.asp
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program