Spend your winter break in Athens, Greece! Study abroad with AIFS.
- Athens, Greece
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Winter Semester
- Program Description:
- Spend 3 weeks in beautiful Athens, Greece studying at the oldest American-sponsored college in Europe. Select the archaeology course, Topography and Monuments of Ancient Athens; the history course, Modern Greece: A Troubled History; the business class, International Business; or the Greek language and culture course, Experiencing Greece through Language and History. Earn 3 credits as you explore Athens and the surrounding areas. Enjoy a day trip to Delphi and the Sanctuary of Apollo – as well as numerous social and cultural activities, including a Greek food tour, sightseeing and walking tours, visits to local museums and markets, traditional dancing and more. Apartment-style residences are fully appointed for comfort and entertainment. Students have access to a fitness center in the residence complex as well as the state-of-the-art fitness facilities on campus, previously the base of the 2004 U.S. Olympic team. AIFS is recognized as a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages are available.
- Setting Description:
- Athens has played an extraordinary role in world history. Greece is celebrated as the ancient seat of classical thought and the birthplace of democracy. DEREE – The American College of Greece is located on a 64 acre park-like campus on a picturesque hillside with stunning views. Athens is an ideal location for students looking for the best of both worlds – centuries of history on display at museums and archaeological sites such as the magnificent Parthenon, the cobbled streets of the Plaka and ancient churches all nestled within a bustling city with modern amenities, stylish shops, eclectic art galleries and coffee shops. The cosmopolitan Greek capital has always been visually stunning, but people are often surprised to experience a modern city, with an efficient transport system, a young population, vibrant street life and a relaxed lifestyle.
- AIFS is recognized as a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive program fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS flight packages are available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates and college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA (lower GPAs considered on a case-by-case basis). All courses taught in English.
- Scholarships Description:
- $800,000 in funding is available each year. For full details, please visit: https://www.aifsabroad.com/scholarships.asp
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program